[Victoria, AU] Classic Japan 2013 - Sunday 1st December

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
carbonboy

Toyota Car Club of Australia (VIC) is pleased to announce that Classic Japan will once again be held in 2013, this year on Sunday December 1st. This year will be bigger and better with a return to Como Park in South Yarra. As well as having no numbers restrictions for entries, this venue will allow us to host the event with the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club in making Classic Japan 2013 a show for cars and bikes made in Japan pre-1988.

The event is a huge celebration of Japanese car and bike culture. No trophies, no egos, just a bunch of enthusiasts coming out for a picnic on the grass with their classic J-tin bike or car. Vehicle entry will be via Alexandra Ave, South Yarra and once again we will be taking folding note donations at the gate to raise funds for the Fred Hollows Foundation. Gates open at 8am and close at 9am for entries. Spectator parking will be in the streets around the venue.

To download a copy of the event flyer, please click here: http://www.tccav.org.au/wp-content/uplo ... August.pdf
For more information please contact TCCAV via email toyota.car.club.australia@gmail.com

***PLEASE NOTE***

If you intend to enter your car into the display area, we ask that you stay for the full duration of the show. If you are unable to stay the four-hours, we ask that you park outside the show area. We also run a 'park as they arrive' format & will not be separating cars by manufacturer etc.

If you would like to park together as a group, we recommend a pre-meet somewhere so that you can arrive as a group & park together. This is a static car show, meaning that once parked vehicles will not be permitted to move around the show area. There will be many pedestrians in the area & by minimizing vehicular traffic, we can keep things safer for everybody.

Last edited by carbonboy on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEVIN

Great News have been waiting for this one. Hopefully will be able to get a few MightyBoys together. :)
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
djflex

If the 'Zomboy' is finished i will bring it down as im originally from Rosebud and have family down there
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
George A Romero - Father of Zombie Films
carbonboy

Great to hear you guys are excited for this, I've modified the OP slightly, hopefully it shouldn't affect you too much! :)
Psi_Wagon

i hope to have mine repaired and painted in time for this, i attended last year and it was great!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Brayden

I was seriously considering driving down for this, but alas I've been informed that I have prior commitments. :(
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
KEVIN

Sorry you can't make it down Brayden should be a top day and doesn't clash with Springnats this year. 8)
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
KEVIN

Hey Brayden, Gavin said if you change your mind you are more than welcome to crash at his place and there is ample secure undercover parking. :thumbup2:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Brayden

Thanks for the offer but I've got a photography job on that weekend. :(
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
peterg

I am going to this. Hopefully I can meet up with some other Mighty boys and cruise in together.
djflex

Ok Ive set a target to get the 'zomboy' re-sprayed, rebuilt and registered for December....If
all goes well I will do the Unthinkable and drive it from Gold Coast to Melbourne

Stay tuned to the zomboy diaries for updates
zh_spread3.jpg
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
George A Romero - Father of Zombie Films
KEVIN

No problem Brayden, offer remains open maybe another event or next year. Usual crew will no doubt meet at the usual place at Ringwood and cruise in to meet up with the guys from the other side of town to enter together. Final plan will go up closer to the time. 8)
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
TurboKat

I'm in for this, organising a (what's the collective noun for Mighty Boys?) of Mighty Boys & cruising in together would be kewl. :rawk:
carbonboy

38 Days to go, just sayin'...

...that I have no chance of Blue Thing having a new heart in time. *sigh*

However, I do hope that all of you have made much better progress than I have. If not, better step on it because. THIS. WILL. BE. AWESOME.
courierguy

People from north/west could meet at shell servo cnr chapel st/dandenong rd prahan..just a suggestion.