Electric intake system

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
warregts

Hi everyone i have a question about those electric superchargers refering to ones off ebay. Would there be much gain from one at full trottle i went to the site and it said 2 psi boost not much i know but for the price it isent bad would it go on the f8 carby with no problems as this carby isent made for boost ?? i have forgoten other questions but anyway any input would be great

Thanks Guys
BIG BOY
hatch4play

man i highly doubt that it could get to 2psi boost! i am pretty sure i would not do anything! i would be saving for a real turbo!
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
stevan_istheman

Or a supercharger... :twisted:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Gladier

piece of shit .. they did research and it actually blocks your intake more ythan hel[ps
hatch4play

you could try a supercharger but i am not sure if any will give decent gains as the 800cc engine is so small. you would probably lose what you gain by running the thing :) i would go a starlet turbo you can get them for around $200 and then its just a manifold and carb or what not!
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
stevan_istheman

On ebay a while back there were some genuine suzuki 660cc supercharger and turbocharger units for sale.
From memory they sold for about $200-$250 each.

The 800 would have more torque to push the supercharger, rather than the 660 which (i'm guessing) would be designed for more high RPM power? :NFI:
BAL4 Designs
Brayden

The 300 series Aisan superchargers fitted to Kei cars are great for the F8B, simply becuase the F8B isn't a high-revving motor (without a lot of work!) and the charger gives the motor something it really lacks: TORQUE! :twisted:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
warregts

i think i will just stick to my turbo setup only need a few more bits anyway having problems finding a manifold tho got justabout everything else
BIG BOY
Crank

Brayden wrote:The 300 series Aisan superchargers fitted to Kei cars are great for the F8B, simply becuase the F8B isn't a high-revving motor (without a lot of work!) and the charger gives the motor something it really lacks: TORQUE! :twisted:
Brayden how much would the 300 series Aisan superchargers cost? Where can i get it from? Are there any pics of the installation, it would be of great help.
Brayden

The AMR300 superchargers were installed on the Mitsubishi Minicar Dangan in Japan, and also on some Subaru Rex/Vivio models. In Australia they generally sell for about $400AU second hand, if you can find one.

They are roughly the size of three or four coke cans strapped together, and simply bolt onto the motor on the spare A/C mount. Besides the piping, the only things you need to make are brackets to hold the charger and a bottom crank pulley.

Picture:
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/stati ... 7_10mg.jpg
stevan_istheman

I've seen those on ebay now and then...

I was looking at a supercharger off a 4agze:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/supercharger-up- ... dZViewItem
They look very similar, the 4agze supercharger is slighty bigger isn't it?
BAL4 Designs
Brayden

The 4AGZE charger is much bigger than the AMR300. I think it is either a 500 or 600 series.
Almost a Mini

Alright, I know it's not on a MB or hatch or anything but, I've fitted a AMR300 S/C from a Subaru Rex to my Mini Moke:

You should be able to pick them up for a lot less than $400 also - they're waaaay too small for most motors so nobody really wants them. Moke setup was very cheap - $80 for the supercharger, $200 to get some exhaust pipe bent up as induction pipework, $50 for an old Silvia intercooler, $20 for a second hand WRX Bosch BOV and $180 for a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and high pressure fuel pump.
Run it at fairly low speed (1:1 on a fairly low reving 1 litre A-series engine) and it translates to about 5psi boost. Gives an otherwise almost torqueless engine a wonderful bit of extra get up and go. . .
Pete in Perth
1970 Citroen ID19B
1992 Suzuki Cappuccino
1966 Morris Mini Deluxe
1970 MkII Cooper S
1975 Mini Moke
1986 Suzuki Alto RS-X
1989 Nissan Pao
1989 Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16
stevan_istheman

:D Sweet!
BAL4 Designs
hatch4play

that looks dodgy as :lol: there is shit everywhere
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!