Mystery wires...

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
CHooKMaN

I've got these two connectors coming out of the main harness along the firewall. The wires are:

Left (in pic): Brown with black spots; Brown with white stripe and blue spots; Black with blue stripe and red spots

Right (in pic): Pink with red spots; Black with white stripe and red spots; Orange with black stripe and red/brown spots

The connectors are as shown.

Anyone here know what they might do/be for?
CHooKMaN

bump
Brayden

Could potentially be plugs for the vacuum switches etc that are used with an auto tranny. Your ute wasn't an auto at some stage?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ike849

I had the same plugs on my auto MB, but one wasn't connected so i assumed it was for the a/c ??????
Brayden

I'll check my auto MB on the weekend, see if they're plugged into anything.
CHooKMaN

When we took the auto out and changed to manual, we taped labels on every wire that was connected to something. These two didn't have labels so can only assume they weren't attached to anything on the auto setup. I have looked in the wiring chart and there aren't anything in those colours. Appreciate the check Brayden.
rod

Hey Chookman, that wasnt my old MB was it?
jackzorox

i remember those wires from when i put my f8b in. i think something from the inlet plugged into one of them. but it didnt seem to matter which on i used.
88 Mightyboy - F8b stock
87 MR2 - 4AGE

Go Rabbitohs etc. woo.
Ralf the RR

How about external voltage regulator?
Harry
Oil leaks are a factory rust prevention option
Brayden

Okay so I had a look at my auto MB. The connector on the right was not plugged into anything, but I agree with Ralf's suggestion of an external voltage regulator - that's about where they are mounted on older models.

The connector on the left has a relay-type box plugged into it. It has 5.3 and S.R. marked on it. What does it do? No idea!
CHooKMaN

rod wrote:Hey Chookman, that wasnt my old MB was it?
Yep... nearly got her ready for rego inspection. Once I get her approved I'll be doing a little dent filling and eventually a respray.

Then I got two more to start... :-o It'd probably speed things up if I knew what the hell I was doing...