WTB: Rear electrical pulgs to suit Alto Works Dials

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
Billie

Okey i got the blinkers working and high beam and illumination. Cant seem to get the brake light warning thing, charge light i dno about coz my battery is fully charged and oil pressure one dno coz engine isent in and never comes on anyway. Fuel level doesnt work and temp gauge probaly doesnt because fuel doesnt. The speedo cable end is the same as the mighty boy. Umm yeah so if anyone finds anything else out please post, i'll get back into it tomorrow and see if i can work it out.
Billie

Tomorrow i'v dedicated to getting this cluster to work :D

I'll post my findings on here if i suceed.
Billie

I think the reason why my fuel gauge wont move when i turn ignition on is that theres a wire that runs to a.c.c on the back of the alto cluster, i wonder if that needs to be connected to a switched positive. Also i found the tacho wire. Umm, havnt tried it yet with the wire connect to a switched, but will soon. Theres a wire that goes to r.s. not sure what that stands for. Also another wire that goes to the blinker on the back of the alto cluster, maybe the alto has a different sort of switch for hazards, mine work when i pull the hazards so i wont worry about that wire.

Anyone know a way of testing the oil pressure switch?

Also i think my brake warning light doesnt work, when i connect it to a battery it lights up, but when connected to the car it doesnt when i lift the lid off the brake fluid. Hmmm, maybe its that acc wire or rs wire.
Karu

Is the fuel gauge compatible with the fuel sender? I had this issue on one of my many Renault' s
Billie

It was previously used with a mighty boy, so should work.
Billie

Cluster works now, fuel sender is different.
Billie

Fuel gauge works, mine was just stuck on full lol. Tacho wire is the grey/green with spots. Just need to check speedo, hopefully should be fine. :)
Karu

I don't worry about correct speedo's anymore, I use my $99 GPS for that. It is about all it is good for as it constantly sends me down the wrong roads.

When you have completed the sorting I would love to know the cluster wiring as the Carry might have different coloured wires.
Billie

haha cheap cheap gps. Ours is like that to, tells us turn left, then u turn haha its always an adventure. As long as its with 5km each way im happy, i'll test with gps.
CHR15 N

Billie wrote:Fuel gauge works, mine was just stuck on full lol. Tacho wire is the grey/green with spots. Just need to check speedo, hopefully should be fine. :)
Whats the wire position number on the back of the dials? As I dont have any plugs/wires to match.
Billie

I'll get them today :)
Billie

Speedo is out by 8km/h by the gps. So i have to stay at 50 to go 60.
Billie

Here is what goes where.

Right Side Plugs:

Pin 1. Red/Yellow - Red/Yellow
Pin 3. Black/Blue - Black
Pin 4. Yellow/Red - Yellow/Red
Pin 5. Green/Red - Green/Red
Pin 6. Black/White - Black/White
Pin 7. Yellow/White - Yellow/White
Pin 9. Green/Yellow - Green/Yellow

Pin 2, 8, 10, 11 12 do nothing, possible speed warning censor and chime.

Left Side Plugs:

Pin 13. White/Red - White/Red
Pin 14. Red/Black - Red/Black
Pin 15. Turbo - Ecu Or Switched + To Have Constant Turbo :lol:
Pin 19. White - White
Pin 20. Red - Red
Pin 21. Yellow/Black - Yellow/Black
Pin 22. Brown Tacho - Negative Side Of Coil

Pin 16, 17, 18 Do Nothing.

By nothing I mean isen't used on the mighty boy.

Fuel, Temp Tacho are all accurate from what i'v seen. I did a test with the fuel and it seems correct. Temp Sits Just under half, which is what it did in my Mighty Boy. Speedometer may need calibrating, maybe the use of a alto speedo drive would make it accurate. reads 52/53km/h at 60km/h.

Good luck.
ike849

speedo might be out just because the Alto has different sized wheels.....
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ike849/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
Billie

Ahhh, didn't think of that. Some 13's should solve that.