Grand Tour - Tasmania

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mini_kompressor

Hey Brayden, going to see Metallica too :rock: . Cant wait. Sorry to rub it in Billie :lol: .
Jermaine

i missed this thread! im keen! lol.. i think some of the mb's will love the hills and roads down here haha..
Brokenshire

Do you think two weeks is too long? add a few days for travel before and after and it's a big ask.

I just drove to Melbourne last week. I came back up via bayeman's bay and on upto port stephens in the mighty boy, literally yesterday. By my calculations it was 2395 Km.

It was a hard drive by myself but it can be done.

I'm keen if the time in Tas is minimised, ie the overall event is two weeks or just over.
Jermaine

2 weeks is a long time, you would see a fair bit, u could be here for 3 or 4 days and have a good look about,
from the boat its say an hour to launceston (bit more if not sitting on 100-110)
around 2.5 hours to hobart from launceston,
around an hour to scottdsale from launceston (were i am) great road the sidling (ben think you'll agree here)

but saying that, ppl say they come here for 2 weeks and feel its not long enough, it all depends what u want to see and do..
eternal teen

I reckon honda mighty boy rule has a point, being from tassie myself, a week(Not including the boat over and back) could be plenty all up. I would love to be involved, but with work commitments here in victoria and family and friends over there, I would'nt be able to make the whole 2 weeks. However I think it's a great idea and if you've got the numbers, why not go for it. I'll try to plan our trip over so it's round the same time and can hook up with you guys here and there. I'll be based around Devonport and as nowhere in tassie is very far from anywhere else and I know the place like the back of my hand, I can take a day here and there to cruize with everyone. 8)
eternal teen
[img]http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/fumian2463/Picture105-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

This is all good chatter - as I said, I've never been there so... I based the "two week" proposition on the opinions of others who have been to Tassie and feel anything less would force us to rush things.

But hey - I'm up for suggestions! (keep them coming!)

I realise that whatever duration this evolves into (if at all!) will mean some members will be able to take less, whilst others will need to take more time off work etc. in order to participate.

I also realise also that the timing might not suit everybody, so if it doesn't propose some other time that would - if that period is popular, we'll plan it then instead...

BTW - Cheers from Long Beach, Ca, USA... :wink:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
holk

Tez wrote:
BTW - Cheers from Long Beach, Ca, USA... :wink:
Thank you for rubbing it in Tez.....Having fun mate? I bet you can find any car there smaller than 2 MBs put together !!
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

:D :D :D
Hi Holk... I've seen a few SMART 1For2's (?) on the highways, but generally there is nothing smaller here than about a Holden Commodore. We booked a "full size" car (instead of an SUV or 4x4) and got a Mercury "Grand Marquis" - about the size of a Ford LTD... :? - A L O N G way from driving my beloved MB! but we ARE in the land of "bigger is better" :? Off to Seattle tomorrow... :D :D :D
Cheers!
Tez
mini_kompressor

Tez, Tez, Tez........ your on holiday and still find time for the forum :thumbup1: . Glad to hear all is going well. Hope your having a blast :)
Tez

your on holiday and still find time for the forum
Sure do...

It's an addiction I tell you... :lol:
Tez
ToranaGuy

Sounds like the making of a great trip.

Just for the teasing, I too am going to rock out, seeing Metallica this year! Nov 21st. Can't wait.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Dave

I saw Metallica in Brisbane on the 16th. Best thing I ever have and ever will see!
ToranaGuy

Dave wrote:I saw Metallica in Brisbane on the 16th. Best thing I ever have and ever will see!
I seen them back in 2004 and it's been too long! I can't wait.

Anyway, I guess we should be back on topic, is 2 wks too long or not?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|