Louise's Mb!

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Psi_Wagon

Brayden wrote:Having an F8B auto I'm pretty impressed with the gearbox too! It will be interesting to see how it copes with extra power, I know a bloke who converted his Swift GTi to auto and put over 180kw through it and ran a 12 second pass, so there might be hope!

With a small turbo (or better yet, supercharger) I reckon an auto MB would be surprisingly quick.
i have done zero work to my auto (f8b) and its pushing 30kw at the wheels, with no sign of slipping etc.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Twinkee

Would like to say a BIG Thanks to Ben whom on this 40 degree day, he has wait for it. worked all day and has got My AUTO Mighty BOY to move. YES it moves on all 4 wheels. no pushing.all moveing with the turn of the key. THANKS BEN. now i cant wait to get it road reg and able to drive it when you have got it to that point.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
as you can see i am happy with the put come so far.
:thumbup1: :thumbup2:
What more can I say, I own a Red MIGHTY BOY
(2 speed auto 1988)
gadj

QUOTE ToranaGuy
gadj -> I think you mean hundreds of rpm not thousands yeah? I wonder how a GT12 would go for a F8b auto setup?
I spotted the above just after editing my blunder...gotta stop my late night bleary eyed posting sesions :roll: - too easy to turn wisdom to bullshit :lol:
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Tez

Congrats Louise!
Nice work Ben. - It now moves under it's own power - a true automaton. :lol:
Albury is only 12 weeks away... :roll:
Gonna be two cars making the trip this year? :wink:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
mini_kompressor

Im gonna try for it :thumbup1: . Lots still to do. Its only got 1st gear at the moment, so will try to work out why in the next few days ( going to borrow the trade plate from work hopefully so i can drive it legaly), needs new cv's, suspension rubbers, a RWC, etc,etc, but will try to get it there. Also trying to get the Mini ready for a holiday at the end of Feb, into early March, going to Sydney, so am really busy....... Oh, Twinkee hasnt got the F5A dohc in it yet, its only got a slightly knackered, ever reliable, totaly trustworthy, bog standard F5A in it, just to get it running and earning it's keep. :D :snigger: :snigger: :thumbup2:
Tez

hahaha
That F5a owes you nothin' does it?

Good to hear about Twinkee being a definite maybe!

The Mini needs work???? - what else is there you could do? :NFI:
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Psi_Wagon

if its only got 1st gear, unplug the black/green vacuum pot located on the main upright engine mount (to the right of the carby)

if it changes into 2nd with that unplugged, replace it!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
gadj

Mine initially had only 'drive'. Problem was in adjustment on selector cable. Switching the cooler hoses seemed to help too :NFI: only reverses the direction of trans fluid in the radiator.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
mini_kompressor

Ok, found the problem (thanks for the advice peoples :thumbup2: ). What ive fitted is a pre pollution f5a, so there isnt any vac take offs on the manifold for the green/black vac switch that signals the auto computer. Fix: drill hole in manifold, fit vac take off into manifold, plug line onto switch and vola!, we have 2nd gear. :thumbup1: Took it for a decent run last night, let Lousie drive it :D , now she really wants me to pull my finger out and finish it. :oops:
Tez, the Mini's all good, just finished rebuilding and re-adjusting the rear suspension setup, plus a few little things before we take it to Sydney, nothing major.
Twinkee

As some of you may or may not know My Red Rocket (ok not so fast red roacket 2speed auto) is on the road, It satred on New years eve when Melb had that hot day Ben worked on it from 7:30am till about 3-5pm to get the eng to turn over with the key. this worked. Ben then worked long and hard to make sure it was roadworthy etc. :D :D :D in time to be able to take it to The Albury Cruise, it made it.
So thanks to all those that made it feel welcome in Albury 2011.
it was a good dirve up and back.
:thumbup1: :thumbup2:
Skins.
What more can I say, I own a Red MIGHTY BOY
(2 speed auto 1988)