Chris's Mightyboy - 1TUFMB

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
1TUFMB

afternoon guys,
i have had my mightyboy for over a year now and work is only just begining after being stolen and trashed twice the boy is now being pulled done to be restored with a few new little pieces :wink:,
yesterday i pulled the engine and box out (pics to come)and today decided to seperate the engine and box as the box is needed for future developments
and was surprised to find chunks taken out of the teeth on the flywheel, scratching marks where found on the starter motor and bellhousing
IMG_8844.jpg
IMG_8842.jpg
next up is the resapray that has been on the cards for a long time now but im finally getting of my backside and doing it hence the engine been removed, the decision as to what colour has changed several times as i wanted a colour thats different so for those i have told a colour it was going to be have to wait and see :lol:
stay tuned will keep you all updated!! :D
Growing old is inevitable, But Growing up is Optional....
Dave

Any idea what caused the damage to your flywheel?
1TUFMB

nah not really sure at this very point in time but will be investigating it though will let you know what i find.
1TUFMB

The only thing we have been able to come up with that may have done te damage to the flywheel would be the teeth on the starter motor weren't lining up properly as they also show damage
IMG_8845.jpg
notice the scratching on the tip they were also already present when the starter motor was removed, so not 100% sure can only guess i suppose :|
rf4burns

Dont know how long the motor has been in there? but the motor always stops and starts in the same few places and the ring gear normally will show wear in the same few places (most people dont own a car long enough these days to see this)
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it .....OR LEAVE
1TUFMB

a few more pics of the boy, How it sits at the moment..
SDC10473.JPG
SDC10474.JPG
SDC10475.JPG
should start the painting next weekend hopefully now that the engine bay has been pretty much stripped.. :thumbup2:
1TUFMB

have been AWAL for a while now but have finally started on the re spray of which i have been meaning to do for a year now some more recent pics of progress.. ImageImage
i'll get some more pics up later when i get new batteries for the camera lol
gadj

That ring gear/starter gear damage is not uncommon. Several causes exist:- the starter does not disengage properly; the starter is mistakenly engaged when the engine is running; sticky solenoid not throwing the drive gear fully into mesh.
I think you would get away without replacing the gears for a long time yet. I would maybe ensure there are no dags to impair the mesh/unmesh of the starter before reassembly.
I am by no means a professional, an auto sparky or engine builder may provide better advice.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
upperkuts

this looks like its gonna be awesome man cant wait to see it painted!
ImageImage
Squirt

Any updates?
1TUFMB

Quick update been a long time since I was on here last the boy is now sporting a shiny new paint job, engine is still in the build $$ are starting to run low at this point but should have it finished shortly!!
Brayden

Keep it up mate, look forward to seeing it done. :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Squirt

Woohoo! Good stuff man, can't wait to see it finished.. :thumbup1: :twisted: