Suzuki build MK2

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
the_big_bang

So 3 months or so ago I picked up a 7/86 F5A Mightyboy with 253K on the clock for $1000. So I got it home and started looking at the sunroof that some fool decided to put in. Now after pulling out about what seemed like 5 tubes of silicone I managed to get the sunroof out I found more rust than the titanic. 12 hours later and all the rust was cut out and a whole lot of fibreglass was put in its place. So now the roof is water tight.

So last week I finished my job and no longer need the MB for getting to work, now the fun begins :twisted:. Today the bonnet, front guards, front end and engine/box all came off out. The litttle f5a will be gone so if anyone want it make a fair offer and its yours.

I know this build will be harder than my last, I had a MK2 swift gti that I spent way to much money on approx $9000 in total. It had 17" on all 4 corners, XR raceing body kit, oh and a DMW turbo converion by DMW Dave from redlinegti.com. I would love to do the same again but I have a family now so lavish spending of cash will be out f the question.
the_big_bang

So its a good thing I am pulling this little badboy apart. The bonnet is off, front guards off, bar and apron off with no issues. Now the issues start, the motor and box are out but to my surprise the throwout had one clip not 2, there is water in the oil and half of the bolts holding the sub frame on were not tight at all and I didn't need to loosen off the steering colum at all plus the steering wheel nut was finger tight.

I started removing the crazy amount of sealant used to join some of the panels to find my rust free MB has a 100mm strip of rust in the firewall seam, I am starting to get a bit testy now.

I will try to upload some photos soon but my digital slr refuses to talk to my laptop right now.
mowog

where are you? i have a mb i am cutting up to go to the tip if you want the roof you can have it you pay postage, its got a dent in the top where I leaned on it but would be an easy straighten, has no rust, shame to throw out but i have to clear stuff out.let me know soon.
the_big_bang

Thanks for the offer but I got it fixed with fibreglass and abusive language. I will be looking for a new engine/box and subframe.