seats

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
scott7

what I am after is suggestions for seats,
what is an easily bought seat from a suzuki that will replace originals and still keep RTA happy without having to get an engineers certificate.
MACK MEATY BITE
KEVIN

Technically any non original seat will require engineers approval for RTA :crazy:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
ferdie

KEVIN wrote:Technically any non original seat will require engineers approval for RTA :crazy:
what he said
gadj

Unless the new regulations are different, as long as the seats either carry correct approval or were an undamaged factory fitment (in another model) & the original bolt holes line up, you will most likely not need a mod plate. You may need to use the MB seat runners on the replacement seats.
I have kept the MB runners using seats from a wreck. I had an approved person inspect the installation to see if a mod plate was required - I was told "They look standard, no problem, no plate". I intend swapping them out for some aftermarket 'sports' seats for more room under the steering wheel & improved headroom (& I'm shorter than Billie).
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
arklan

getting the seats retrimmed is not that expensive, about 80 per seat is what i was quoted at
ferdie

gadj wrote:Unless the new regulations are different, as long as the seats either carry correct approval or were an undamaged factory fitment (in another model) & the original bolt holes line up, you will most likely not need a mod plate. You may need to use the MB seat runners on the replacement seats.
I have kept the MB runners using seats from a wreck. I had an approved person inspect the installation to see if a mod plate was required - I was told "They look standard, no problem, no plate". I intend swapping them out for some aftermarket 'sports' seats for more room under the steering wheel & improved headroom (& I'm shorter than Billie).
call your insurance company i bet they dont feel the same, and its their opinion that counts when you need them....

my seats are buckets from some "standard" car, i still had them plated for this reason, cost me $95 for the mod plate, better than being liable in a crash when the insurance pulls the pin on a technicality.

arklan wrote:getting the seats retrimmed is not that expensive, about 80 per seat is what i was quoted at
where can you get 80 per seat retrimmed Ill be there tomorrow!!! :lol:
holk

8 wrote:
arklan wrote:getting the seats retrimmed is not that expensive, about 80 per seat is what i was quoted at
where can you get 80 per seat retrimmed Ill be there tomorrow!!! :lol:
I have been quoted upwards of $400 each for bucket seats retrim from Megatrim in the Ringwood area. Cheaper to buy new and getting engineered.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
arklan

Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 8:39 PM
To: info@johnsmotortrimmers.com.au
Subject: retrimmed seats

a friend told me about you guys since he had his seats retrimmed at your place. its a suzuki mighty boy, the 2 seats are alright at the front but have rips down the sides, the driver seat being worse.
wanted to know a rough guess on how much it would cost to have the seats retrimmed. not interesting in making them stiffer or anything funny like that, just to fix where its torn.
i can send pics if you want

------------------------------------------------------

To: oraorange@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: retrimmed seats
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:37:13 +0800

Hi Matt

To Re-trim seats on your Suzuki Mighty Boy would be approximately $160.00 plus GST. If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to call.

Kind regards
Maree
John's Motor Trimmers
Motor, Marine and More
7 Adrian Street, Welshpool, WA
(08) 9470 5531
www.johnsmotortrimmers.com.au
Billie

Haha ya'll got served
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

I still don't believe that anyone would retrim a pair of MB seats for $80 each. I got quotes last year to retrim a pair of Sparcos and the cheapest was $300 each (and that was mates rates!)

Maybe the quoted price is $160 per seat, but even then that'd be amazingly cheap.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Breyten

John's are good. Did the complete roof lining and sunroof lining on my old BMW 7 series for $400. Remove, clean old away, retrim and refit to the car.

A few years before the invoices that came with the car showed they charged $350 a seat for full leather retrim and rebolster.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
Breyten

That was 8 years ago though.
Shit, now I feel old.

They will be my first port of call when the MB reaches trimming stages.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.

arklan wrote:From: matt b [mailto:oraorange@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 8:39 PM
To: info@johnsmotortrimmers.com.au
Subject: retrimmed seats

a friend told me about you guys since he had his seats retrimmed at your place. its a suzuki mighty boy, the 2 seats are alright at the front but have rips down the sides, the driver seat being worse.
wanted to know a rough guess on how much it would cost to have the seats retrimmed. not interesting in making them stiffer or anything funny like that, just to fix where its torn.
i can send pics if you want

------------------------------------------------------

To: oraorange@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: retrimmed seats
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:37:13 +0800

Hi Matt

To Re-trim seats on your Suzuki Mighty Boy would be approximately $160.00 plus GST. If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to call.

Kind regards
Maree
John's Motor Trimmers
Motor, Marine and More
7 Adrian Street, Welshpool, WA
(08) 9470 5531
http://www.johnsmotortrimmers.com.au

Im sending you some seats! is that a pair of seats or each!?
arklan

the guys email and address is right there, his phone number too, why not just give him a ring