Our Mighty boy Revamp.

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
bourkejm

I have put some photos up of our mighty boy from the start of her renovation. we are still surching for a few things, like door rubbers, rh tail light and some other things. if you have anything please feel free to drop me a line. we are painting the car grasshopper green it is a metalic paint and i think it will look teriffic.
Attachments
this is our mighty before we started on her.
this is our mighty before we started on her.
here are the rims we will be putting on her
here are the rims we will be putting on her
there is a canopy to go on the back.  We use the ute for my grooming salon and it is just going to be the goods
there is a canopy to go on the back. We use the ute for my grooming salon and it is just going to be the goods
we will be painting him Grasshopper <br />green which is a single metalic ( i think that is what it is)
we will be painting him Grasshopper
green which is a single metalic ( i think that is what it is)
Here is our mighty boy on its way to becoming a new boy
Here is our mighty boy on its way to becoming a new boy
arklan

wow thats a really good condition boy u have there, looks like virtually no rust.
did u strip it back to remove rust before painting or just prime it over the old paint.
Tez

Nice work. 8)
Keep the photos coming. :)
I like the rims - what size are they? - look to be only about 13"
Please make sure you do through the engine bay when you spray - nothing worse than popping the bonnet on what looks like a schmick car to find the area under the bonnet is some other colour - looks really half-arsed.
Do the parts inside the car too... you'll hate yourself if you don't. :wink:

Cheers.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
bourkejm

thanks everyone, the rims are 14" and i reckon they look pretty good we are going to put some low profile tyres on them too which will look really nice.
the only rust the old girl has is in the fire wall under the bonnet. which is really good. yeah we will be doing under the bonnet too and we will be getting the engine sprayed too. we do have the odd part we are still looking for ie; door rubbers etc however i did read a post from brayden ages ago that clark rubber did sell something similar that you can make fit. so we are heading there tohave a look other wise it is going to the suzuki car yard and they will order them in for $220 but i just thought i would see what i could find first.
will take some more pics today have to go to the spray painters and have a look :D :D
holk

Tez wrote:Please make sure you do through the engine bay when you spray - nothing worse than popping the bonnet on what looks like a schmick car to find the area under the bonnet is some other colour - looks really half-arsed.
Hey Tez,

Are you referring to someone in particular???????????????? Just say it :lol:
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

Hey Paride...
Now I think about it, I can't honestly remember ever seeing under your bonnet - I've always thought you'd done a full bare-metal respray...

Nah, I'm talking more about those jobs you see where the car looks a million bucks on the outside... colour might be ... metallic blue for example, and then you pop the bonnet and the engine bay is bright yellow or white... :x

Worse is when the outside is a nice dark green, and the doors trim and in the door frames is red or similar...

But if the shoe fits... :wink:

I can't really talk... When I got my 'boy the previous owner had "freshened up" the outside of my white 'boy with a coat or two, but NOT done the trims in the doors or the door frames or under the bonnet... Fortunately, he/she/it re-did the car in white again, so the effect is lessened somewhat, but it still looks like half a job to me.

Unfortunately with the original primary colours used by Suzuki, if you want something a little unique, like purple, brown or blue, then you really have a big job because no original colour is going to blend in too well!

Cheers
Tez
Billie

Same was done to mine. Grey car with white interior and engine bay. I painted it black. Looks a lot better.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Tez

THREAD REVIVAL! :D

Came across a perfect example of what I'm talking about on E-Bay this morning...

Mmmmm Now don't you just love the look of this : ???
CrapHalfArsedPaintJob.jpg
If you want to see this magnificent example of motoring excellence for yourself, take a look here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI ... SS:AU:1123

DON'T do this... it looks sh1t

Nuff said...
Tez
bourkejm

yeah it does look like shit, i have more pics but i cannot seem to download them for some reason what do i do to download them again.
Trav

Below the "Save draft, Preview, Submit" buttons, click on "Upload attachment". Use Browse to find the pic you want to post and "Add the file" will put it where you type your message. Hit submit and away you go.
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
bourkejm

thanks trav will do it now :)
bourkejm

here is our mighty boy all green and on its way to having the motor being put in it. hope you like it so far will put some more pics up when we are totally done i will post some with the grill and the canopy on it in a little while :thumbup1:
Attachments
100_1942.JPG
100_1946.JPG
100_1931.JPG
100_1941.JPG
bourkejm

here we are with the grill and the canopy on nearly ready for the motor and the seats, carpet and stuff. what are your thoughts so far, :D
Attachments
100_1953.JPG
100_1951-1.JPG
100_1950-1.JPG
100_1949-1.JPG
Tez

Personally - I'm not so fussed about the canopy, but that's just me -
Whatever floats your boat.
The rest looks absolutely schmick! : :thumbup2: :thumbup1:

Gonna have it together in time for Albury??? :lol: :-o

You still got 6 weeks...
Tez
bourkejm

i dont reallly want the canopy on either but i use the car for my dog grooming salon and i put dogs in the back so hence the canopy. and what is in albury in six weeks time :)