whats it worth

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
scott7

anyone tell me what my boy would be worth,
one owner red boy, 245k on the clock, F8B motor, F5a 4 speed gearbox. 13"mags,one original seat and a recaro to go in, little bit of rust at bottom of windscreen. rear brakes need shoes and cylinders, car is currently been unregistered for 2 months
MACK MEATY BITE
Breyten

If it was even on the same side of the country ;)
No more than $1500-$2k, unregistered.
Risks - rust, RTA might find more that needs doing. Could end up havin to put in another $1-2k before it clears inspection.

Unfortunate thing with these cars, you never get a cent back on it, and it will have a greater sentimental and time/money invested value than actual market value.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
Chad_

Depending on the rego inspector the f8b will not pass and in most cases require an engineer certificate which would reflect on price.I tried fitting a set of recaro sr3 and there was absolutely no chance of fitting.
ferdie

hey man,

with out rego they are worth next to nothing.

about 2 years ago i picked up a shell with all panels and some parts for $400, i got my last car a couple of weeks ago for $200, and got one just before xmas at $500.

the 500 car has since had everything fixed and basically all parts replaced for new, spent big $$$ to get it back to a reliable standard.

do the couple things for rego, get it engineered and then sell it for 2-3k??

other wise you will have to sell it for way less than its worth to you....

:NFI:
Agesilli

post pics mate, will give us a beter idea.... try to include the not so good parts of it :)
cozza

honestly id say it's worth bugger all the rust you are talking about could be much much worse then it looks and could require blasting just to fix it properly. take into account i spent $500 to buy mine which only needed a service and some brake pads for a roadie,