And so it begins

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Breyten

Painted black, powdercoated, or wrap it then paint the wrap with the spray on deadener. Will help hide stonechips, or the inevitable scrape on a curb!
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
Trav

Thanks Brayden, I have looked at the Davies Craig units and it sounds like it will be easy enough to mount. Should get one before I go to far with the radiator mounts.

Breyten, I like the idea of wrapping it. The return pipe will run behind the bumper, past the exhaust and up the drivers side of the engine, so might wrap that as well. Was going to put a heat shield inplace, but might do both now.
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
Trav

Well, pulled my finger out this weekend and did a little bit more on the boy. Made up a couple of mock mounts to see how to fit the alternator and the blower. She all fits, just. :) Going to put a tension pulley between the crank and blower pulley as I am going to fix the alternator and blower.
alternator and blower mount mock up
alternator and blower mount mock up
The back of the blower is close to the extractors but there is not to much I can do about that. If I wrap them, hopefully there won't be to much heat transfer.
IMG_0331.jpg
Thinking about what filter to use. The blower intake is the top, so was thinking of putting a filter behind the drivers light with a 'cold air' inlet next to the light. Has anybody got any ideas as to a small filter box from a different car that I could use? I might plan a trip to the wreckers to find one and a tension pulley.
KEVIN

Hi Trav looks like you might be able to run a commodore type pulley with shoulders off the back of the belt near the supercharger mount. Also maybe a small motorbike filter box could do the job. 8)
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Trav

Commodore pulley, I'll have a look. Thanks.

And the motor bike filter sounds like it might do the trick. Keep forgeting how these things are smaller than a lot of bike engines out there. :thumbup1:
Trav

Well, had a look around for air filters/boxes and found this little baby.

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm

Would look pretty wild under the bonnet.

:twisted:
Brayden

FWIW I use an oiled dirtbike UniFilter on mine. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.