nathans new daily

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
Billie

I had mine working. Was way to loud though.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ferdie

carby pic as promised...

carby is on and running as of this morning. the exhaust is on as well.

just waiting on wheel bearings, one is a bit noisey so figured all should be done at same time...

was going to do the engine swap on my fc next,but was offered a good price for it over the weekend so it will be gone by friday.

i guess that means more time for the project mightyboy once my shed/workshop is built.
Attachments
IMG_0053.JPG
Bill Lally

Do you know what the sizes of the two jets in that Webber that you had jetted down are? The one for the primary is of most interest.
ferdie

will find out and report back...
ferdie

picked it up this afternoon when i got into town.

elec choke is the "ducks nuts", she kicks first turn and runs without hesitation.

the new carby and the new exhaust makes her run like a different car, its way more responsive and has loads more torque. Best hp/$$ spent increase ive ever seen on any car ive built (or in this case paid to have built)
would think there is at least a +20% increase (from the seat of the pants dyno) will get her onto a real dyno when I can.

I will chase the details on the carby/jets as I think others will benefit from a similar setup

extractors will get built once the flange shows up, and the power upgrade will be complete...
ferdie

hey all, some pics...

carby is on, extractors on, and my new spotties, ive fabbed up a metal bracket to hold the front bar for the extra weight...

all wired in but for the trigger wire off the high beam switch, im working in between rain showers today...
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
Last edited by ferdie on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferdie

also added a secondary battery, will wire them up with a breaker in between, prob add a couple more when the stero goes in...
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
Trav

I like the black tray and up around the window.
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
ferdie

matt black kill rust paint and a paint brush.

as it dries it "flattens" out so there is less brush marks.

tin cost about $15 and did the tray here in 2 thick coats and was enough left over to do the boot of my mates torana....

looks good from 40m so suits the 2pac cheap paint job...
killermule

Black trays look great ey. I would suggest you try find a paint on tray liner. I Picked up a tub of hippo liner from super cheap and it works great. Its kind of like a hard rubber. Doesnt get scratched up to easily, much harder to scratch than normal paint haha
ferdie

after all the effort to do this up i will be parking her up as a just in case car as i now have the new toy.

i think a mate in brisbane will borrow it for a couple of weeks and then its into the shed...