opinions on mb

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
cozza

ok i may have come to the point where i need to sell the mb. so far it has been resprayed black has 4 new tyres plus 3 spare rims with ok tyres, mod plated buckets, sports steering wheel, sports gear knob sports pedals, it is F8B and manual F8B g/box, 2 inch exhaust, bull bar, aftermarket thermo, new bushes rear and front,new strut tops, new engine mounts, new control arms new brakes and pads front and rear, new rear wheel cylinders, rebuilt carby, rebuilt head, all rust removed and rplaced with metal, new front windscreen, new altenator, new radiator, just been serviced, has rev tacho and aftermarket volt meter, new fuel sender unit, new combination switch, new aftermarket semi sealed headlights, LED parkers and indicators front, custom red mesh grille, hard cover, aftermarket sound system ( enough bass to pop out back window at full noise). all these things in the car and i am wondering what it is worth to the right person, i just dont want to see it used as a paddock basher or cut up for a mobile esky.
mighty.boy

there starting to get harder and harder to find u can almost name your price if someone really wants they will pay lol i did for my current one :)
mighty boy 4x4 conversion
mighty boy g11 conversion
mighty boy f6b turbo
mighty boy g11 turbo
Billie

Iv never paid over 2500 for a mb. Last one was clean as.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

to be honest now that i have had everything fixed properly the speedo rebuilt and everything all cleaned up i would be very very suprised to find a problem with it.
ToranaGuy

If it's really clean you can probably ask what you want for it upto around the $3-4k mark. If it's a rusted shitter they are almost worthless.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
cozza

ive spent a total of $6987.54 rebuilding it and it been done properly, thats all the rust cut out and replaced with metal and dings popped out, all wireig from headlight to tail light redone, all carpet removed and replaced, motor stripped and rebuilt, gearbox stripped and rebuilt, underbody deadened etc etc, nothing was neglected on the car aside from the bullbar i couldnt be bothered smoothing off the welds on it as i didnt have a die grinder at the time. but aside from that it's pretty much a brand new car.
Brayden

The unfortunate situation with MightyBoys is that although they are becoming rare they'll never become collectables in the same way as more iconic cars (Mini Cooper, VW Beetle, etc). So the more you invest in one, the more you lose.

What I would consider the best MB in Australia was advertised for $11k and sold for $9k a few years ago, and again for about $7k last year. The ute in question was the red one with an Alto Works 4WD conversion, track prepped. Heck if I was to sell mine I don't reckon I'd get more than $7k and I would need to sit on it for years to get that price - and I think it is worth much more than that.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cozza

i know exactally what your saying brayden i used to own one of australias fastest and most rust free datsun in qld for 5 years straight, was an old 910 bluebird turbo that was originally preped for bathurst but never made it had all the options cage massive fuel tank etc. kept it in the shed and registered it restored it worked it up a bit just to run a bit better, i only paid 500 for it back when i got it but sold it for 1k in the end still was nowhere near what it was worth, in my opinion an mb to one man is worth a carton of xxxx but to another it's worth 1 million, it all depends on who wants it and how badly. i may hold onto mine because i can see in 20 years if it's still alvive there will be either deisel cars only or electric or mabe even a hover car lol. then the mb may be worth a house full of gold. btw i was considering an alto works 4wd convert but just couldnt be bothered with all the headaches
niiko

Brayden, are you talking about Warrens from qld.
Brayden

Yeah. Did you buy it?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
niiko

Nope. I saw him few months back and he still regrets selling it.