mb is a commercial vehicle for real

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
cozza

had the guy at the tyre shop laghing at me because i wanted 15's on the mb he said i cant go any bigger than 13 on that particular passenger vehicle, i then corrected him and told him it is a commercial vehicle and i can run 15's legally, he laghed at me called me a tool and asked me what i cart in it a carton of stubbies, i then proceded to take offence to what he said and told him it was better then the wank wank skyline he's been driving around in he then shut up quickly and told me to leave.
lol i kind of had a giggle to myself on the way home though i can fit more then a carton of stubbies in the back ive allready had it full of ice and coldies, and filled it full of water so i could have a swim.
killermule

was happy with it the other day being able to hold 4 cartons with a little room left over in the tray.
ToranaGuy

There is more than a few tossers at tyre places that think like that. You should have seen the looks I got the other day when I rocked up to one tyre place, to pickup a couple of s/h 185 R14's to go on my trailer rims I had in the tub!

They at first couldn't believe such a small car can make so much noise (my exhaust is excessive atm lol), then they were gobsmacked that I pulled 2 14" HT rims out of the tub with some worn out 185 R14's (light truck tyres) on them.

Then the dude asked what size rims & rubber I had on the ute, were they 13's? :lol: :x

I replied with 15x5 with 165/45 R15's...the look on his face was priceless, he called bullshit on that,saying no such tyre exists, until he walked up & read the tyres! Federal Fd1's buddy! :D

I had a great laugh, got the 2 tyres I was after, and then left, making a huge racket as I tore off down the road lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
cozza

i had the coppers laugh at me once for mine being quiet loud he tried black and blue to fine me and i just stood there and told him to test the db reading he then just handed me a ticket i then contested it in court and got away with it, also i made up a fishing rod holder and mounted it to the bullbar quiet a good job i done dont know how legal it is though, best part about the bullbar though is i have a nice flat surface to sit my rum when working on the car.
ToranaGuy

Nice work Cozza.

Mine had a bull bar a few years ago, I sold it, didn't really like the look of it on my boy.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Billie

Lol wank skyline? i love mighty boys, but seriously, who looks more of a wank driving around? He obviously just didn't believe it was a commercial vehicle. He could get in trouble for fitting them so he's saving his own ass. Btw take the wheels in by them self, they cant refuse fitment if they don't know what it's going on :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

I've been told mine used to cart 10 or so bales of hay along with driver & dog. That was with the original F5a & auto, with a rear canopy (3 bales will fit under canopy with tailgate down, one behind seats, one on passenger seat & the rest on the roof - dog went on bale behind seats).
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
cozza

actually if you jump on miata net and used the tyre size converter you will fint the 145/70 12's and the 165/45 15's are almost identical except when doing 100kph on the 15's you are really doing 103kph.
Billie

We have a tyre calculator on here. Easiest way is taking your wheels in, no questions asked.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

That's for sure. As soon as the vehicle goes into any workshop, the business owner has a duty of care that it leaves in a safe & legal condition. If you just take the wheels in & specify a tyre size they are pretty much absolved of any liability as they have not fitted the tyres to the vehicle. They may ask what they're going on - answer MightyBoy & they're likely to buck, answer trailer & they won't have much to argue.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Breyten

With a Tare of 540, and a GVM of 930, the MB can carry more load per vehicle weight that a Commodore Ute!
Mine cleared the pits here in WA as a Commercial, had to make sure the Tare and GVM were visible on the side though. *shrug*
Biggest advantage is when going through the ADRs and NCOP for changing tyre sizes etc.
Always worth reading before making any changes.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
ToranaGuy

Breyten wrote:With a Tare of 540, and a GVM of 930, the MB can carry more load per vehicle weight that a Commodore Ute!
Mine cleared the pits here in WA as a Commercial, had to make sure the Tare and GVM were visible on the side though. *shrug*
Biggest advantage is when going through the ADRs and NCOP for changing tyre sizes etc.
Always worth reading before making any changes.
That's with the original mighty boy spec "1 leaf" rear springs. I wonder what the GVM could be raised to when the hatch "3 leaf" spring setup is installed?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Breyten

I have the hatch 3 leaf, but tbh, GVM also takes into account steering, braking everything else as well.
Just gives me greater trust that it wont invert if I load in 300kgs!
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
cozza

befor i started converting the mrs mb to turbo we had driven about 15k's into the local hardware store and loaded close to 800kg of cement bags in the back and 2 4 mtr planks of hardwood on the roof then drove it back to the house at a scray 50kmh with every small bump the front wheels would lift off the ground enough to lose tracton.