Using SF Swift components

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Breyten

So I am needing to get the CVs and brakes overhauled on the MB, but deadline = 0.5 x time available.
As result will likely be paying for the work to be done.

buut, I am loath to pay just as much for stock aftermarket parts, when near enough to the same dollars could get a slight upgrade - even if just to newer model parts.

I know using the SF Swift struts is a bit fat for the MB bodywork unless modified.
Are the Knuckle/Hubs/Brakes/Outer CVs able to be fitted up?

Considering if I go to a wrecker and get bits to refurb, it may be easier to find compatible parts. Probably identical to what is on MB/SA Swift, but easier to search for.

SA Swift outer CV:
http://seekpart24.com/jakoparts/joint-k ... 71&at=4094

SF Swift outer CV:
http://seekpart24.com/jakoparts/joint-k ... 71&at=4115

So should be able to be stuck onto MB shafts.
1987 Suzuki Mighty Boy - F5A, stocker.
Work fleet, or Wife's Jeep Rubicon.
nelpd96

Breyten, the spline on the SF will fit into the MB stuff but the dust seal is a different diameter. Additionally the SF inners are different to MB which is why I had to make the shafts for mine. I think I still have some photos and stuff of the SF struts when I was stuffing around with them and MB springs to try and make them fit.

Cheers
Paul
Last edited by nelpd96 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breyten

Hi Paul,

Yeah, there are/were some photos in your thread, but I think they only showed the strut. I'm hoping the SF knuckle bolts up at least as easy as the SA/Matiz ones do to the MB strut.

I realise the inner CVs are different, so just looking at having the SF outer CVs fitted onto the MB shafts (19 spline). Then the CV <> Hub interface would be as designed on the SF.
Only point of MB<>SF stuff would be the LCA, driveshaft and strut/TRE connections.

Hopeful advantages:
SF parts availability/price
12mm stud
plus the fact I'd be doing it with new/overhauled parts.
Breyten

Cancel most of that last post, re-reading your thead Paul, and looks like most of the into is there!
http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... 0&start=15

Guess I forgot, not having read it through (again) for a few months... :wink:
Breyten

Huzzah!
Picked up a '90 GA Swift SF310 today. Will serve as my train station runabout for now, so the wife can have her sleep-in and car as well!

It's in poor condition, think the lower ball joints and TREs are buggered, and there is a nasty oil leak somewhere. Its the tin-top engine, 5speed and has 4 good tyres.