Towbar kit

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
Chad_

Wanting to buy a towbar kit for my mighty boy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gadj

Aside from second hand, you won't find a towbar made for a MightyBoy as they were not rated for towing. The Hatch on the other hand was rated & some companies still have ability to supply. I have an Aranda Towbars Suzuki Hatch unit on my MB that was acquired second hand. I had very little difficulty in getting it to fit - I did have to replace the bolts with longer ones but that was probably due to my having replaced the tray floor with 2 mm checker plate.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
CHR15 N

I have one that is not fitted. Not for sale, but happy to take pics or measurements if you like.
ToranaGuy

Chris,

I'm sure there is a few of us that would love some pics & measurements of the towbar, please post them up! I'm one of those that would like them so I can make a towbar for my ute, to tow my mighty trailer.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
CHR15 N

ToranaGuy wrote:Chris,

I'm sure there is a few of us that would love some pics & measurements of the towbar, please post them up! I'm one of those that would like them so I can make a towbar for my ute, to tow my mighty trailer.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sure thing. What does the 'Mighty trailer' look like? Is it the cut down MB?
ToranaGuy

It shal be a cut down mighty boy. I couldn't just cut up a mighty boy & send the shell to scrap(even tho it was too rusty to safely repair). The front was donated to mighty boy science, the roof might be getting a new lease on life too. Then the tub is going to be my mighty trailer. I'm not the first to do it, but there isn't that many of them out there.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Colin

i have a genuine suzuki tow bar with the compliance tag fitted on my car their rare as to find 8)
MORE BEER! :beer:
Psi_Wagon

i ended up making my own for my mighty bbq, far stronger than the standard hatch bar;

ill get a pic of the actual towbar if you like?
Attachments
100320131226.jpg
100320131224.jpg
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Chad_

Id love some pics. Was thinking about making my own. But im lazy. Thought if i can pick 1 up for a bit more than the price of steel and alot less effort, i'd grab it. I would have to brace it anyway as im sure i'd drag it and throw sparks.
Psi_Wagon

i could pretty easily knock up another one, and the one i made only hangs under the rear sheetmetal by the thickness of the tounge. I fit alot of towbars at work and the way ive designed mine is no different to any of the off the shelf haymen reece bars for other vehicles.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
gadj

Won't be easy to find my towbar pics - they were in the tamon.org gallery...just not sure where I put my copies. I do need to take my tow bar off to fix some rust in the rear beaver panel so more pics will be taken eventually.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

gadj wrote:Won't be easy to find my towbar pics - they were in the tamon.org gallery.
Challenge accepted. :D
Unfortunately they were only uploaded to the old gallery in low-res, so this is the best I can do.
Attachments
20012008.jpg
20012008.jpg (22.59 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
20012008_001_.jpg
20012008_001_.jpg (25.55 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.