Lower ball joint flogged

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
oOSusOo

Hi guys,

I have a mighty boy and just realized that my lower ball joint is flogged from what I have read I have to replace the whole control arm and not just the joint, this is after I found something on eBay saying its a lower ball joint I'm a bit confused and could do with some real info.

Cheers in advance guys
When you gotta go you gotta go!
Brayden

The ball joint is fixed (welded) to the lower control arm. Therefore they are sold as a complete unit for replacement.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

They can also be bought thru repco. Thru repco they will have the inner control arm bush too. Part number SBJ406ARM. You will still need to get the bushes that link the swaybar to the lower control arm before you can do it, I wouldn't suggest using the old flogged out bushes!

I've got a new pair to fit to my ute, but don't think I'll get that done before the cruise.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
cozza

suzi store have them got mine through them had repco ones in once befor but didnt last long with my driveing. it can be a pain in the bum job but if you are smart and remove the sway bar befor removeing the arm it will save you alot of swearing and head banging.
ToranaGuy

Why didn't the Repco one's last long? What sort of punishment did you give them?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
cozza

No punishments at all just found the rubbers they supplied to be very soft and tore apart easily as for the joint itself they started knocking pretty much as soon as it had done 2000ks so i went thew suzistore got there rubbers too and havent had an issue as yet
ToranaGuy

Interesting. The pair I picked up thru work, it seems they have genuine suzuki inner rubbers in them, judging by the part number.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
oOSusOo

Cheers guys its been replaced and workin sweet
When you gotta go you gotta go!