going all out

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
monztr21

hey everyone just here to put the word out that if i can get the right info if anyone on here know it haha ill be starting the build on my mighty boy

plan is to build a custom 1 off chassis with bags to be able to lay flat

stetch the tub out anywhere from 250-400mm

fully shave the body including the tail gate and adding in a custom rollpan

now the fun stuff
the reson behind the chassis is because i will either be having a 2j or a sr20 bolting in place and making a rwd set up to suit
possibly with silvia irs rear end

i know need to know the difference in overall size of a sr20 aposed to a 1 or 2jz motor ??

yes the projct will become ilegual once i put the motor in but hey what cops going to pull over a mighty boy for hooning haha
monztr21

and yes obviously i get the fact of two cylinders difference but I'm meaning more for height and width

could possibly even go a ca18 motor
Brayden

This is the right place for MightyBoy info, but you'd be better off getting on a Nissan/Toyota forum to find the dimensions you need.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cozza

with the physical size of a 2jz you will be sitting right next to the engine the gearbox will be right at the rear od the car and the diff would be another 1/2 meter behind the car. sr20 wont fit under the front unless you side mount and raise the front of the car because the sump sump, crank, and lower block will literally drag on the ground, as for a ca18 dont even bother i tried that and it is just physically impossible to even get it in the engine bay without destroying the whole firewall.
Billie

I got both 2jz and sr20det in my cars not mighty boys. Its been done a 2jz in a hatch, guy at bald hills in Brisbane. Good luck sitting in the car with the engines lol
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝