muffler tip hints?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Munchskinman

What is a good muffler tip to come after your 1 3/4 exhaust after the cat?

Is a dumper C shaped exhaust legal? (the tip that comes off the muffler and faces down.)

hot dog muffler on a mighty boy? will it do anything?

Basically tell me whats good is a rexy cannon really worth it? i reckon it would look wierd on a mighty boy.
Brayden

MightyBoy's don't have cat converters - they don't need them by law. ;) What you're probably seeing is the resonator.

Anyway, I have a 12" resonator (hot dog) with a rear muffler and 3" tip and it sounds okay. The cheap cannons getting around sound no better than if you were to use a milo tin. :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
jono

i got told from another mighty boy site to do this 8)

"Go to woolies & buy a 500G tin of baked beans. Eat the beans, then cut a hole in the base of the tin & slide in on your exhaust. Paint it black. Not only will ricers think that your car has a 4" tip and give you a little bit of attention, but the resultant noise of the beans will make the car sound meaty enough that the ricers will think they don't stand a chance at the lights..." (evilgidget)

try that

:)
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
Colin

cut the snout off the rear muffler and weld the tip (whatever size you want) to the muffler and then cut it to size
MORE BEER! :beer:
stevan_istheman

I got a hatch with a 2" system with a pair of 12" hotdogs in it (I bought it like that)

It sounds awesome!!
Its a little noisy now because the hotdogs have rusted out.

Damn sunshine coast salt air :x
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
eDave

No cat -> hot dog -> side-exit. ;) sounds great!
Josh

Does that configuration beat the Honda 4-stroke generator in maximum SPL Dave? :D
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
ToranaGuy

Colin wrote:cut the snout off the rear muffler and weld the tip (whatever size you want) to the muffler and then cut it to size
That's basically what my dad did when he put in a new muffler, cut the tip off and welded a nice chrome one on, altho i'm thinking about putting on a bigger tip again, as my g/f sugested it, and i thought why the hell not? A nice chrome tip isn't too ricy. I was thinking about putting pair of fat slightly drooped pipes on the rear of my pano or a pair of 4" cannons. Not sure yet, but it's got 4.2Lt of v8 so cannons might sound good on it.

A " droopy " or dump pipe as they can be known have limitations to the bend to be legal, iirc, been a while since i've read the vic light vehicle mod guide, so checking your state rego req's would be a good thing. I should read the current guide one day soon, gotta make sure my mod's to my torana won't be too hard to get engineered.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
salto

well, a big exhaust always sounds nice, i have a japstyle exhaust from my cat, under the rear axle then with aq curve to the side, and it sounds super, it turns a lot of heads..

and it looks good 2!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131978/2
Goofy[HSK]

looks very nice salto

i'm hoping to find a decent small cannon that i can put side by side on my alto
maybe 3" outlet, no luck so far (doesnt help that im not sure of the best size for the rest of the exhaust)
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
salto

i just went 2 a company here that makes custom exhausts, and they made the full line from the cat off with flenges, or however that is spelled, in that way u can get every exhaust tip u like..

but i think that is a bit dutch aswell.
ToranaGuy

salto wrote:i just went 2 a company here that makes custom exhausts, and they made the full line from the cat off with flenges, or however that is spelled, in that way u can get every exhaust tip u like..

but i think that is a bit dutch aswell.
That would be a pretty cool idea, stick a flange on the back of the muffler, then you can just bolt on whatever tip you want.

I'm getting a custom exhaust made up for my torana, and it will be flanged about 4 or 5 times over the lenght of the pipe to make it easy to remove sections when needed. Car is getting turbo'd and with a large bore zorst i wouldn't be able to remove the gearbox if i don't have it flanged a few times, couldn't get the x-member out. :oops:

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|