Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
Brayden

JB, you should give some thought to making some CF hard covers. I'm sure you'd sell a few! 8)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
JB

Funny you should mention that, as it is also on the drawing board. I have plans to make one for my car that incorporates/replaces the tailgate, it will hinge from the front of the tray, and lock at the base of the tailgate opening, a one piece 'L' shaped panel.
Brayden

That sounds pretty cool!
lambo74

G-day ALL

MY NAME IS PETER IM FROM QUEANBEYAN NSW
I HAVE JUST RECENTLY JOINED THE MIGHTYBOY OWNERSHIP CLUB, I BOUGHT MY MIGHTYBOY FROM EBAY, ITS AN 85 MODEL WITH THE 800CC CONVERSION. NOT A BAD LITTLE CAR BUT DOES HAVE ITS PROBLEMS!!!!!!
Flinny

hi peter and welcome, mighty boy problems-dont believe it never :-o :lol: i do have some seats if you have not had any luck-but they are in Vic and would need recovering, see how you go. just a hint - lower case is more freindly...
mightyboy

welcome mate
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/purple_monkey_fish/mightyboy.gif[/img]
Ralf the RR

Welcome Peter,

I'm a new boy myself.
FleaBay is great when it works in your favour :)

My MB has the small block, and too has some problems.
But I am ironing them out - one by one.
Harry
Oil leaks are a factory rust prevention option
Brokenshire

Never Really heard of the 500cc refered to as a 'small block'.

No Dramas really I quite like it.
Brayden

Really? That's been a term thrown around for a while, except usually referring to the F8B as a big block. :D
Ralf the RR

Actually I should refer to it as a "tiny block"

Apart from my Rangie (which has a 4.4L) I also have a 82 Ford ESP which has a 5.8L. So that would be a "massive block"
Harry
Oil leaks are a factory rust prevention option
espdave

Just joined the ranks of the MB owners. Had it 1 week and already done 2 trips between Toowoomba & Brissy. Love the thing already, even if truck do pass me up the Range into Toowoomba. 1 am the 3rd owner after Tinta Car & a friend.
These wonderfully querky toys are great. 1980 CX500 & 1988 Mightyboy
greenzook89

well i've been on this site for a while so i thought i'd better introduce myself, I'm josh, i live near brisbane and i first joined to find myself a project MB. well i found one but then my circumstances changed and i could no longer keep it. so away it went. but all was not lost, i recently (yesterday) bought a hatch with a F6A turbo already transplanted and find it a quick little car, i'm quite surprised actually :D and cheap to run aswell, so i'm really loving it!

Cheers< josh
ToranaGuy

Welcome to the new guys!

The bug bits hard doesn't it? I like the idea of the one piece tub lid & tailgate, but it might be hard if you want to fit something bigger than tub size in there, to have the lid up a bit to fit cargo leave's it open where the tailgate once was....... Maybe the lid could be 2 pieces, to function as a lid & tailgate when needed, but normally operates as 1 piece.

Anyway, i've drawn up plans for a lid for my tub. I've done plans 2 ways, one with the " bars " still on the boy, the other with the " bar's " removed. Still not sure which way i'm going. I'm thinking about the lid being something like 20x20 box tube alloy with a skin of fiber glass over the top of it.

Just gotta wait for summer to come around again, so i can get out into the driveway to start the project.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
JB

I am not too far off starting the tray cover/tailgate pattern, and as I plan on combining the two panels into one part/mould I will be able to make a solid tray cover without the tailgate if need be, so there is a chance I will be able to provide these to other members at a later date. My red MB is undergoing a restoration at the moment, but I am coming up on the tray cover project in the next few weeks I hope!
MERCURY

Hi everyone I'm Mercury, I'm from S.A. and have had my mightyboy for about....8-9 years. I got it when I was about 12 or 13, Dad brought it for me to learn how to drive. Paid $150 for it :D As a kid I always wanted to do it up but found it more fun to thrash the s**t out of it instead. After years of inglect it's in really bad condition and now that I'm a bit older I'm in a better position to start my dream built. I've got a Toyota Supra that I have been working on in the last few years and have come to the end of it's body mods. So I'm looking at rebuilding the Mightyboy from the ground up. I don't know what I'm going to do style wise or even if I'll get the project will get off the ground I'm just trying to prepair myself for a lot of hard work. I hope to pick your brains on all things MB related :wink: