engines

Chat about anything and everything.
scott7

want to know what engines are a bolt in, what size, how much to expect to pay and where to look for said engines as original engine just died
MACK MEATY BITE
Brayden

For what car?

Assuming you're talking about an F5A, F8B is the only larger direct bolt-in option. Expect to pay around between $1200 and $2500 for a rebuilt motor supplied without ancillaries such as manifolds, carby, radiator and alternator.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
bane mcbain

If you had an f5a and you want to go to an f8b it is a true bolt in job. if you have a four speed and want to go to a five speed you will need a new fly wheel to match up with the startermotor.i have just fitted an f8c-v from a daewoo matiz in to my mightyboy using the same engine mounts and brackets as the f8b that was in it.i used the daewoo gear box that came with the engine so i dont know if they bolt on to mightyboy gearbox or not. i paid $1100.00 for the daewoo complete as a wreck. :)
mightybain
stupidability

bane mcbain wrote:If you had an f5a and you want to go to an f8b it is a true bolt in job. if you have a four speed and want to go to a five speed you will need a new fly wheel to match up with the startermotor.i have just fitted an f8c-v from a daewoo matiz in to my mightyboy using the same engine mounts and brackets as the f8b that was in it.i used the daewoo gear box that came with the engine so i dont know if they bolt on to mightyboy gearbox or not. i paid $1100.00 for the daewoo complete as a wreck. :)
is the matiz motor and box realy a strate swap. is it efi or carby and can ypu post some pics please.
kidwithahatch

how does the 5 speed go and are they hard to get?
Brayden

The Matiz F8C is far from a straight swap, and look for a thread by "kartman" on how much of a pain in the arse it is to put a Matiz 5 speed on an F8B.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.