G13B into Mighty Boy?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
et.turbo.dude

Hello all. i am interested in buying a Mighty Boy and am wondering if anyone has installed a G13B in a Mighty Boy from Swift? can it be done, has it been done?

cheers, Ash.
Who am i? i have 16 cylinders, 4 Turbo's, 4 wheel drive and my name starts with B. i am?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399117
psychosis7326

As i have been told and done a little research my self it is in no way a straight fit as you would need to cut into the chassi to do so... but all in all nothing is impossible you can cut into the chassi make coustom engine mounts deive shafts upgrade front/rear brakes upgrade rear susspension to 3leaf and get new susspension for the fron to handle the weight of the new engine, get it all enginered... big factor is all this would cost around $8000 if money is no issue go for it but it will be really hard to get it road worthy with an engine of that power as you would have somewhere in the vacinity of 100kw which is well over 3x the stock power the best thing to do is the f8b conversion and fit the charade turbo kit or fuel inject as the f8b is a direct swap took me just over 7hours to do mine and that included respraying the engine bay but if you are keen and have some spare cash the f6a dohc turbo is a good way to go but note with a lil work you can make the f8b a dohc turbo....

to summon up all things come at a cost it just depends how fast you want to go and how much you willing to spend

hope this helps ;)
et.turbo.dude

cheers for that man. i thought maybe it would of been an easier swap. but apparently not. i'm still not sure if i want to buy a Mighty Boy or not, just sussing them out at the moment.

thanks for the advice, Ash.
Who am i? i have 16 cylinders, 4 Turbo's, 4 wheel drive and my name starts with B. i am?
psychosis7326

oh you deffinatly want one i have driven alot of cars in my short time and the mighty boy is by far the most fun they handle like a go kart and there is nothing better than draging somone with a bigger engine off the line in the smalest car on the market and seeing the look on there face if you can drive it well there is not many people around that can beat you unless it is on an uphill to date i have smashe xr6 turbos 4litre falcons nissan nx coupe on off the light country road etc they are the bomb
et.turbo.dude

oh, i know about driving a small car and caining bigger cars! i own 2 Nissan ET Turbo Pulsar's, 1 standard and the other pretty modified! only 1.5 litre but easily beat the new 6 Litre commy's. it's a fun car to drive as well. I'm just not to sure about an 800cc engine, i thought mine was small! but iffen you can easily put the twin cam head, injection and a turbo on then maybe i might still give it some thought? just out of interest, how much does your average Mighty Boy weigh?
also, what compression ratio do the 800cc engines run?
this is my version of small capacity fun,
Brayden

psychosis7326 wrote:to date i have smashe xr6 turbos 4litre falcons nissan nx coupe on off the light country road etc they are the bomb
What have you got under the bonnet of your MB? A saturn 5 rocket? :lol:

I've driven what I reckon is one of the fastest MB's in Australia, and it would still lose against an XR6 turbo.

Ash, if you're serious about dropping lots of coin on a bullshit fast MB, then a K6A with all the SuzukiSport goods would be by far your best choice. The G13B (as good as it is) would be a nightmare to install, as it is 2-3 inches wider than the space available between the chassis rails.

Another option would be a CB71/80/90 from a GTti Charade, but they're a very tight squeeze as well.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gremlin

Nice et! I love those cars.

With the mightyboy, in my opinion, the best bet is to go with an engine transplant. Putting in an f6a (twin cam preferably) gives you 47kw stock to play with, which doesn't sound much, but it's a massive improvement over stock.

Putting a twin cam head and efi on an f8b isn't going to be simple, although i couldn't tell you what's involved. Brayden will know what's what regarding converting to efi, and practically everything else too :lol:

I drive a f6a sohc turbo mightyboy, and comparing it to my old f8b auto would be like comparing the bugatti in your sig to a v6 statesmandore.

If i was looking at making something ridiculously fast, i'd be going straight for a cb80 out of the charade. But i've heard they take a lot of work to fit (comparable to the g13b effortwise)
et.turbo.dude

ok, so either a CB80/CB90 or K6A. what capacity, type heads and fuel delivery are these 2 motors? i am really just wanting a decent size motor without going into the chopping stage that has a twin cam head and fuel injection.

and how much do these Mighty Boy's weigh roughly?
gremlin

both of those are twin cam and efi.
The k6A (I'm assuming) would be a fair bit easier to install than the cb80, as it's physically smaller.

My opinion is (from what you've said you're after); go for a twin cam f6a.
They are efi, 5 speed, turbo, got enough get up and go, and are reasonably easy to install.

And i agree with brayden, you've gotta have something pretty spectacular under the bonnet to take an xr6 turbo. A guy who works in the same shopping complex owns a ute and it would have no problem beating the pants off me.
et.turbo.dude

ok, cool. thanks gremlin. and thanks psychosis7326 and Brayden. i'll look into
the F6A then. :wink:
mowog

from memory the mighty boy weighs in at a bout 560kg
jono

Brayden wrote:
psychosis7326 wrote:to date i have smashe xr6 turbos 4litre falcons nissan nx coupe on off the light country road etc they are the bomb
What have you got under the bonnet of your MB? A saturn 5 rocket? :lol:

I've driven what I reckon is one of the fastest MB's in Australia, and it would still lose against an XR6 turbo.
Hmm, I think I might have to check your MB out if it can beat those. My mate has an NX Coupe and I know it would absolutely flog me! Still, I admire your enthusiasm :)

Ash, the curb weight is 560 kg, so with a couple of people in it and other crap it's probably about 700 kg or so (at least what's mine was when I was on a weigh bridge).

I can definitely notice the weight when someone else is in (esp one of my 'big mates') When I had the good old 550 in it I had to go back into 1st to get up a really steep hill lol, I didn't think I would mate it.

Anyway, I agree with Brayden. Just depends on how deep your pockets are!

Good luck!
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
et.turbo.dude

560kg, that around what i was thinking so cool. i'll keep my eye out for one of these things, iffen one pops up with the right gear and is in decent condition i might buy one.
ToranaGuy

I can stir the proverbial $hit can a bit and state that a G13A has been swapped in. It's a SOHC carby engine. but if your crafty could be converted to EFI. Definatly not an easy fit, one rail had to be cut iirc, drivers side.

It would also be very hard to get it registered with a 1.3 under the hood, based on capacity to weight, let alone power to weight rules! I do believe it's borderline on the capacity to weight rule (depending on your state rules), considering it will add a few Kg's to the boy's weight when fit.

The K6a would be much easier to get engi'd, as being physically smaller should mean no cutting up of the body. Only custom engine mounts to make it fit. Brakes, well you would need an upgrade if you dropped in any of the engines sugested, except the F8b, as the original brakes were designed to pull up a boy with ONLY 20KW @ the flywheel ( iirc ).

The first thing i would be doing is to find an Auto Engi in your area who you can speak with regarding your thoughts, see what he says is a no go & see what he says he would certify if you build it to meet the required standards.

For an example, the engi who certified my F8b conversion ( had to for Vic roads to be 100% legal, as replacement altho bolt in is more than 10% bigger in capacity & power ) has said he would NOT certify me turbo charging said F8B at a later date. Gotta find another engi if i wish to do that.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
et.turbo.dude

thanks for the advice ToranaGuy. i really was only interested in getting a Mighty Boy iffen a G13B would of been an easy swap. but doesn't sound like it is at all! so i have kinda lost interest in the whole thing. i originally was thinking Mighty Boy + G13B + Turbocharged. even if i did do the conversion it sounds like i couldn't get it past an engineer anyway. damn law's take away all the fun! i'll just stick with my ET Turbo Pulsar's.

cheers, Ash :twisted: