sourcing parts

Chat about anything and everything.
Cookie

G'day all, This is my first post here but I've been reading posts for a while now and learnt heaps from you guys. Anyway, I need a fuel pump for an F5a motor and Suzisport seem to be the cheapest around. BUT, their website seems a little dodgy, hard to navigate (a lot of blank pages and dead ends) and outdated.....has anyone ordered any parts through it recently? I ask this because when I got to the point where it wanted my credit card details, a message came up to say that they don't have a security certificate and that I should cancel the transaction....I really want to get the fuel pump but don't wanna give my card details if it's dodgy! So basically...has anyone purchased through their site recently and did the transaction work out okay?

Also, whats the going price for a carby overhaul kit on a F5a and where's the best place to get them?

Thanks guys.
Brayden

Just call Derek at SuziSport directly and see if you can do it over the phone. Explain that their website needs work too!
Alternatively you could try www.suziwest.com.au if you want to order online, or call SuziWorld in Melbourne. They're usually easy to deal with.

Carby kit can be ordered from any auto parts store. Fuel Miser is the brand. ;)

Welcome on board by the way, I hope you find this website useful.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
motorheadmatt

Arnt the stock carbys brand a mikuni carby???? not too sure
Brayden

Stock carby will be either Solex or Mikuni depending on model. Fuel Miser is the brand of the rebuild kit. ;)
motorheadmatt

fk bro, what dont u know LoL :lol:
ryan

motorheadmatt wrote:fk bro, what dont u know LoL :lol:
i would have to say everyone is thinking the exact same thing.
35 killer wasps.

1988 Suzuki Carry Deluxe
gadj

Expect to pay $70.00 plus for a carbie kit - I get trade prices where I shop & they quoted $75.00. So shop around.
Unfortunately my carbie is beyond the point where a kit will help, so it will be going to Mike at Dual Fuel/Advance Diaphragm Options for a proper work over.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Cookie

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. I'll give Derek a call as their pumps are far cheaper than the other quotes I've got.

The car I'm working on is my mates, I don't own a mightyboy BUT... having spent ages reading through this sight and researching info to work on it for him, I've kinda fallen for the little guys....won't be long before I get one myself.

Brayden, you're a legend mate and I agree with the other when they ask if there's anything you don't know!

Looking forward to a long and educational relationship with you guys...
Cookie
Ralf the RR

Brayden wrote:Stock carby will be either Solex or Mikuni depending on model. Fuel Miser is the brand of the rebuild kit. ;)
Isn't Solex the European company, and Mikuni (japan) manufactured copies or licensed versions? I would have thought that Suzuki would only have Mikuni. Maybe badged Mikuni-Solex.
Harry
Oil leaks are a factory rust prevention option
Brayden

Make sure you get the appropriate pump for your motor. F5A is different to F8B and they are not interchangeable!
Cookie

just looked it up on the fuel miser website and they list the same part number for the F5a and the F8b....part number is FPM-080. Check it out under the "applications" tab.....now I'm confused
Cookie

FPM-080 FUEL PUMP - MECHANICAL
SUZUKI
ALTO 1985 - 1988, , 3CYL 0.5L CARB OHC
1987 - 1989, , 3CYL 0.8L CARB OHC
1996 - 1999, H/BACK SH410, 4CYL 1.0L G10B OHV
HATCH 1980 - 1985, , 3CYL 0.5L CARB OHC
1980 - 1985, , 3CYL 0.8L CARB OHC
MIGHTY BOY 1985 - 1988, , 3CYL 0.5L CARB OHC
Brayden

They are definitely different pumps - one has a longer lever than the other. I went through this last year replacing the pump on an F5A.

Pretty sure I still have both laying around, I'll take some pics/measurements for comparison.
ike849

brayden is right, they are different from suzuki...

the f8b pump has taller chambers. In saying that i have seen an f5a pump on a f8b engine and it worked just fine...

if you look in the suzuki manual for the hatch500 and hatch800 it does state there is a difference in the fuel rate flow for each pump, but it would seem that the extra flow isn't really needed.....
Cookie

Okay, I have just ordered a pump from the suzisport online shop and the add reads as follows:

Mighty Boy Fuel Pump A$ 38.00
Brand new fuel pump fits Mightboy , hatch and Alto with either the F5A or F8B engine

I have made a note on the order that I want it for an F5A engine. It may come with a spacer to compensate for the difference in arm length...I don't know. Has anyone purchased one from there before that may be able to shed some light? Also I agree that the flow rate between the 2 engines would have to be different but to what degree?? I'm hoping that it won't be to high for the F5A...if it is, what could happen..flooding, blow out gaskets..etc?? or would the excess flow just go out the return line to the tank? I can't imagine they'd be able to sell them if they didn't deliver fuel safely and with in the specs required...I'll keep you posted on how it goes.