JB's Rebuild

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
JB

Yep another rebuild thread. Most of you probably don't know my car, but I have a G10 powered MB (It's in the gallery under James). I've had it for about 12 years and along with the engine swap, I've done the usual; lowered, mags, race seats, steering wheel, and I've also made a fibreglass bonnet. Like a lot of cars this age, it's really due for a decent resto. So here I am! So far, I've striped her down to just a bare shell, and had her soda blasted. Tiny bit of rust in the usual spots, all cut out now, and I've plated the car with 3mm steel in areas where I plan to attach a roll hoop and side intrusion bars. I've also plated the engine subframe at the engine mounts. Decided to weld up most of the superfluous holes in the engine bay just because. I plan on posting some pics when I can work out how to do it!
Jermaine

add them to the gallery then, then copy the link and highlight it and press the IMG tag
Jermaine

thought id post them up cause it looks like its gonna be awsome lol

see bellow :P
Last edited by Jermaine on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shavenyak

hows this:

just needed to take off the .html at the end of each one.

also that suzuki logo looks so awesome!!!
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
Jermaine

:roll: dumbass... haha
motorheadmatt

LOOkING HOT mate..... put some more pictures of of the biuld

whats below the MDF cover(around edges of the tray)????body filler?
"chopped springs give you wings"
JB

Thanks for the photo help. The tray top is just a pattern, when it's done I will take a mould off it and make a fibreglass part, hence the MDF and bog at the moment. You can see I have removed the tailgate hinges because I will incorporate the tray into the top and the whole thing will hinge up from the rear bulkhead. I plan on putting two small barrel locks into the lower outer edges of the tailgate so the whole thing is lockable.
JB

Thought I would put up a couple of shots of the engine bay. I have seam welded the chassis rails, welded up most of the holes that do nothing, and replaced the firewall engine mount. Damn it! I must be retarded or something, because I can not get the pics up here.
ceej

http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2654

That might help you with posting images. :wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
JB

Ok, so here is a shot of the engine bay. The engine firewall mount seemed fine, until I took the dash out and looked underneath. So I cut it out and replaced it. Also took off the battery/carbon canister/washer bottle mounts and all the 'twistie' loom ties. Most mounts had rust developing under as they are spot welded in place, and I hate those twistie tags, I will use plastic loom ties and P clips in the future.
Image Image
JB

Some shots of the repaired firewall engine mount.
AJ

:D Thats looking sweet mate.
Dont suppose your sydney based? im looking how im going to fit a G10 in mine.
Goodluck with the rebuild im halfway through mine to.
JB

Nah, Melbourne based. Let me know how far through the conversion you are, maybe I can give you some info. The main changes are; Top engine mount (fabricate), one lower engine mount (fabricate), subframe mods to clear exhaust/oil filter, and new engine mount positions, gearbox selector linkage mods, alterator mount mods. Thats the main stuff off the top of my head anyway.
mini_kompressor

Hey James, its looking good mate :D The cover looks fantastic. What colour are you going to go?
JB

Ha! Thanks, I have high hopes for the cover! So far so good too, only spent a weekend on it and it's coming together pretty quickly. Got my colour picked out already; might be a bit boring, but I am going with the same factory red (which is a nice 'red' red) but with a gold metal. I've had a sample done and it looks really good.