4 seater MightyBoy

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
jagger

hey guys
was wondering is there or can you make rear seats..
if make them would it be approved (if it was strong etc) by engineer

my other idea is suzuki seira rear bucket seats??

any help would be muchly appreciated its only to take my kids to shcool 5 mins up the road..
greenzook89

I'd say it would depend what kind of car, a hatch would be fine but I dont think it would be such a great idea in a Mighty Boy
Need Paint and Panel Work Done Around Brisbane?? PM me!
CHooKMaN

Wasn't there a Qld 4-seater variant Mighty Boy put out once... Gold Coast I think?
Brayden

MightyBoy Squirt was the name, but they were engineered decades ago. I don't think you'd be able to engineer a 4 seater MB these days - not without a roll hoop/cage at the least.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

If you never intend on driving it on a public road again & the body isn't in great shape anyway, build a squirt replica, but don't hack up a good or repairable mighty boy to do it!

Didn't the Alto come as either a 2 or 4 seat? I'm thinking around the 88 model.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
jackzorox

on my rego form it says my mighty boy is a 3 seater. so i could add one in and be laughing. maybe i could lie down in behind the other 2 seats.
88 Mightyboy - F8b stock
87 MR2 - 4AGE

Go Rabbitohs etc. woo.
Al_Zhiemer

My MB is also complied as a 3 seater, it still had the rear seat belt and seat in it when i bought it. I wouldn't say that it was really a rear seat though, the seat and back was made out of what looked like the mat you use on a water slide. The back was especially wierd as the back was glued on to a seperate piece of tin and screwed in from the tray.

If this was all that was required to turn the MB into a 3 or 4 seater, I can't see why if you didn't stick to the same pricipal you wouldn't be able to do it.

Cheers.
Drive: 1997 Toyota Starlet... (the incognito mobile)
1985 Suzuki Mighty Boy, currently being restored.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Why doesn't the Gene Pool have life gaurds??
jackzorox

I need to see that. Mine has nothing left of the third seat, so i just thought queensland transport stuffed up.
88 Mightyboy - F8b stock
87 MR2 - 4AGE

Go Rabbitohs etc. woo.
Al_Zhiemer

Will try and get photo's of it tomorrow, i will have to explain where it all was as i have gutted the interior ready for restoration and i'm not sure if i still have the mat/seat but i will see what i can find and post photos of what i can.

Cheers.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

ToranaGuy

I'd love to see some pics of these 3 seater mighty boy's.

Mine is def a 2 seater.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Al_Zhiemer

I can't find the piece of mat for the back support but you should be able to work out how it was done from the couple of pictures i have taken.

http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... 1.JPG.html

http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... p.JPG.html

http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... t.JPG.html

http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... M.JPG.html

Who ever is smart enough out there to add the photos to this thread with out having to click the links can do so at thier own pace.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
1995 Nissan GT-R33

ToranaGuy

When your posting the images to a thread, you open up the reply page, there is BBCode button's above the area for you to " write your reply ". First click the one that says [Img], then open up the image in another page and right click it, goto properties, copy the url, then paste it after the [Img] tag, then hit the [Img] button again & it will close it off, then when you preview you will see the image. Code will look something like this...

[**img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/10266-2/rear+1.JPG[/img**]

Remove the ** stars & the url is complete to show the image in the thread.

BTW, i'm surprised to see how it was fit. The passenger seat must have been all the way forward for anyone small to even get in there!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

I should have pointed out earlier that the MB floorpan was originally designed with 4 seats in the Cervo model. If you remove the parcel tray behind the seats (as in the photo above) there is an arse mould there for the rear seat base. Of course in the Cervo model there was no cabin wall, so the rear seat back would have rested against the rear wheel arches, as in the 4 seater Alto model. In the MB the cabin wall (and angle of the rear window) would make using that space very bloody impractical!
Al_Zhiemer

The seat was only really any good if you were carrying a couple of kids any where. fitting an adult in with a child behind them was totally not practical.

As i was looking at restoring another one of these for a friend so that she could at least get herself and child around, i made a few enquiries with the QLD transport department and found out that i could mount a baby seat in that section providing i could prove that the seat was safely and securely mounted.

So for a couple with a child still in a baby seat, you could possibly get away with it. but i would check with your local authorities befor going to far with putting a baby seat in there.

Cheers
1995 Nissan GT-R33

Brayden

To be honest, a MightyBoy is the last place I would want to put a child! Remember - 4th unsafest car in Australia!