wheels

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
cooper88

hi.
can anyone please help me and tell where i can get mag wheels for my mighty boy and what size would be a good fit whitout modifiying anything.
thanks chris
Brayden

Your location might help us tell you where the best place is to buy wheels locally. ;)

As for size, 13x5 with an offset of about 40 will fit without mods. You will need custom wheel nuts though.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tez

Brayden Said:
You will need custom wheel nuts though.
Can you not knock out, ream/drill out then replace the 10mm studs with 12.5's then use standard wheel nuts for the rims?

I have done neither yet, but I was told by a mechanic that replacing the studs would be a lot easier than going to the trouble of trying to get special wheel nuts... But he did suggest I pick up a spare hub from somewhere and try the idea out on that first :-o (yeah, like where would I get a 'spare' hub these days!)
Tez
So the adventure continues...
cooper88

hi.

i live at kempsey on the midnorth coast (nsw) i went to local bridgestone tyer center who said i will have troubble. bridgestone phoned some of he's suppliers as far as goldcoast and still know one had much of an idear where to find mag wheel to fit the mighty boy. where would you go to get custom wheel nuts made.

thanks chris
Last edited by cooper88 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brayden

Tefba in Sydney make custom wheel nuts, and they are hell of a lot easier than changing wheel studs!

If you want rims just jump on Tempe Tyres website, they sell 13" wheels to suit.
Laura

I've got the same issue here in Canberra. They took one look and kinda just went "too hard - won't find anything for that". I told him that for sure there were MBs with mags up to 15" and down to 13" but they just didn't want to help. Not a big enough sale maybe? Or maybe they thought you wanted 12 x 4 mags. I hear they are hard to find?
cooper88

hi

thanks for all the help guys. i have heard not such good things about tempe tyres such as selling wheels/tyres that dont meet the australian standard, hard to get refund if wheels are wrong ones and basicly that they sell shit. that could be why they are chep in there price's. but i will keep trying.
thanks chris
suzutey

i reckon Tempe tyres are alrite, Ive got 17s on my laser and they have been extremely good over the last 2years. far better then the original 13s in look and ride.
holk

If you are looking for custom wheel nuts you can get them in at Repco. They cost me roughly 65 bucks (including special order shipping $15), but they fit perfectly on the mags. If you want I can get you the supplier and article number.
ToranaGuy

holk wrote:If you are looking for custom wheel nuts you can get them in at Repco. They cost me roughly 65 bucks (including special order shipping $15), but they fit perfectly on the mags. If you want I can get you the supplier and article number.
I can 2nd that, repco can get in MANY custom wheel nuts to suit MANY applications, and i bought my wheel nuts for my swift mags from repco. I think they cost me about $80 inc shipping, which was reasonable.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brokenshire

I too have had a two sets of different shaped nuts made by tefba, I can dig out details if any one wants.

But I digress... I am going to get the the 'abatis Zero's' either from tempe or the the other guy selling them on eBay a few weeks back. I am happy to post my findings when they are found! I just want to find the correct tyre size before i choose 13's or 14's.
Brokenshire

So last night I Set my self up to get the 13's with 175/50 tyres.

This morning... They're sold out of 13 inch rims!!

So i'm going to go and test fit the 14s
CHR15 N

Just a question on the side..But

Why do you need custom wheel nuts?
Brayden

Because the standard are so small, they chew into the alloy and don't always tighten properly. Besides, if the rims have exposed wheel nuts (like mine) then the standard ones would look pretty crappy!
ToranaGuy

Brokenshire wrote:So last night I Set my self up to get the 13's with 175/50 tyres.

This morning... They're sold out of 13 inch rims!!

So i'm going to go and test fit the 14s
I was looking at the same rims in 15x5 with 35 offset. I was seriously thinking about it, but i've not had time to ask Bridgestone on the price of tyres.

The 14's are 43 offset iirc, i'd like to know how they fit!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|