Trip in my Mighty Boy

Chat about anything and everything.
ramblerman

hello Everyone,
Just got home from a trip to pick up a Mighty Boy (standard) I purchsed from Newcastle.
I drove the vehicle 1300 kms home to Tassie, averaged around 350 - 400 kms per day. I averaged around 80-90kph except tor the steep hills which made her struggle a bit but there aren't to many of those on the way. I wanted to see some sites on the way so I took my time.

I drove from Newcastle to Goulburn, then from Goulburn to Albury, Albury to Port Melbourne to get the ferry to Tassie and drove from Devonport to Hobart (approx. 300 kms). It did it a lot quicker than I expected. Never missed a beat apart from Tassie when it actually started to ice up the carby but a quick flick of the winter switch on the air cleaner fixed that.

all in all a great trip.
Ron
Brayden

Wow! That's pretty impressive!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brokenshire

Very very well done. Should've shoutd out and met up with a few mighty boys along the way!
Tez

Hey Ron.

We're having a bit of a cruise around Melbourne two weeks from today... :)
Obviously a bit of a drive is nothing for you! :D
If you wanted to pop back up, you'd be welcome to join in! :-o
(Maybe not).

Well done with the drive!
Tez
So the adventure continues...
EVL_801

Lol and i thoght mine did a job traveling 200km a week lol
[img]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2665/evl801signature.jpg[/img]
pat

wow! massive trip.
[img]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9296/yupt.jpg[/img]
ramblerman

thanks for the comments, It was a big trip, I was surprised how comfortable the car was, not cramped and even though I had my partner with me it wasn't a problem. I guess the fact that it has low kilometres for the model made better. (75,000). the room behind the seat is great for suitcases. and I had a fair bit of gear in the tray including 2 spare wheels (I fitted some mags before i left, 13x5 with 155/65-13 tyres. Looked great and handled well) got away with the original wheel nuts to but will upgrade them when possible.

I think I will be upgrading the power supply when I can, has anyone fitted the 1000cc swift motor and 5 speed gearbox to a mighty boy, I spoke with a fellow who said it was possible and I am mechanically minded so that part is not a problem, just dont want hack to much about on the little fellow.

thanks, Ron
jono

Sounds like a good trip. Where abouts in Hobart are you? I am in Sandy Bay but haven't had my MB going for a while now. It's got the F8B transplant with EFI.

Not sure how many have done the 5 speed 1000cc swap but the F8B is the easiest for a good increase in power.
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
ramblerman

hello Jono, I live out Brighton Way, would love to get hold of the F.I. 800b engine and box, which model are they out of.
Thanks, Ron
Jermaine

the F8b wasnt fuel injected standard, its been built up and jono brought the setup