Stabilizer bar

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Billie

Hey got the stabilizer Bar from a 1983 hatch i think. SS80V. The one that mounts to the Strut tops. Will that fit the mighty boy with an f8b? The bolts should align on engine and struts. Drill one hole for the extra bolt. Will it give any improvements on performance? Thanks
Jermaine

only add weight.. nd loose acceleration :P lol, na no idea bud, wouldnt think it would do much
Billie

It might stop engine moving, keep crankshaft still, make more power? lol just guessing i know nothing about it.
Billie

I see Brayden has it on his. Can't hurt trying.
Brayden

Yes you can put it on, but the only thing it is good for is masking worn engine mounts. If your engine has so much flex that you need the second stabiliser then just replace the lower mounts and standard top stabiliser.

I've removed that second stabiliser and made all my mounts solid. The engine has about 2mm of movement. Bloody rough as guts at idle, but improves axle tramp by heaps.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Oh ok. So not worth it. Just a thought. Thanks
Brayden

Don't worry, I once thought it was usefull too - after all, Suzuki wouldn't put it on the Hatch for nothing... would they? :lol:

In the end I looked at other cars that have no upper engine mount and realised it was dead weight.
ToranaGuy

Funny you guys should say that. My Engineer has asked me to keep it when i turbo the boy. I don't see the point, but i will do it so he will sign off on the car.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Brayden

Mine was signed off without the mount no worries. I had to remove it because it wouldn't clear the Jimny manifold. Engineer felt how solid the engine was on new mounts (only the lower rear mount was solid at that point) and said it was more than adequate.
Billie

Hey brayden, in your pic you didnt cut the side off the top plate of the stavlizer bar. Did you cut into the cross beam in the hood?
Brayden

I did cut a small piece out of the mount, but not enough to compromise the strength of it.
Billie

I just cut the lip off the plate. It hit on the hood. its angle grinded smooth. Looks good.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:Mine was signed off without the mount no worries. I had to remove it because it wouldn't clear the Jimny manifold. Engineer felt how solid the engine was on new mounts (only the lower rear mount was solid at that point) and said it was more than adequate.
Fair enough. Mine probably thinks it's needed as my mounts are currently soft, which i did advise him & will be replacing them shortly. I honestly am not sure if it will foul the EFI i have or not, i need to check that out soon i guess.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
ike849

here's a pics of the part you have to cut.....
Billie

Thats just where i cut it :D