Rego

Chat about anything and everything.
Billie

Hey, hopefully will get my mighty boy on the road this week, as everything seems to be coming togeather fine. Just wondering how much rego is in qld for a mighty boy. Should be cheap considering its 3 cylinder and 530kg.
Karu

Lucky you, in Victoria a car is a car and rego is the same regardless of size.
Billie

Really? Usually they do it on amount of cylinders. Trucks pay loads of rego because they weigh heaps, making pot holes and such, which i assume is what rego is for. Shouldnt be more than 300 for 6 months i hope, i should argue my car wouldnt put a dint in the road lol.
Billie

Found it, $103 for 6 months rego and $345 all up with ctp and stuff.
Karu

Here in Vic it would cost you $404.15 for 6 months. But you have to be on a pension to be able to register a car for 6 months so if you aren't it will cost $716.10 for the 12 months.
ike849

nova I think you will find that the amount applies to 'cars' that have 3 cylinders.....we don't have a car but a 'ute', it comes under the light commercial class vehicle so it a bit more than that. (From memory around the $200 mark for 6months...)
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ike849/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
Billie

Thats bull, :( It cant really carry much

Qld transport are so stupid.
Karu

And that is why I will say until I am blue in the face (because people do not listen) Our Federal Constitution is built on the foundation stone of Section 92: Intercourse among the States, whether by internal carriage or ocean navigation shall be absolutely free!

But everyone pushes aside their rights and gives them away.
Brayden

Your dreams of utopia are best kept for when you're asleep mate! Regardless of what the Constitution might say if we don't pay registration or fuel tax then we'd be driving around on unsignposted dirt tracks.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Karu

Now let's see Braydon, Vic Roads tells us there are more registered cars in Victoria than people, so either Vic Roads is lying about the number of cars or the Vic Government is lying about the number of people.

In the ACT you went from 1969 to 2003 if my memory serves me correct, using the Y number plates. We in Vic used K L I A B C D E F M N O P Q R in the same time frame and since 2003 have used S T U W and now we are well into X. So while from 1969 to 2003 there were 676000 cars registered in the ACT we in Victoria had 10,816000.

And while you still are on the same new plates that replaced the Y's we have had more than 2 million cars registered. With all that registration, new licence money and fuel taxes coming in every day, not to mention over one billion dollars a year in fines that the Victorian government takes a year, we here in our tiny little State of Victoria should have the best roads imaginable.

But you, who are lucky to live in a small area with even a smaller area taken up with roads and housing have new roads extended onto existing safe roads that were designed after the invention of the motor vehicle are very fortunate indeed. But here in Victoria our new roads are built with private money and we have to pay Tolls, which I might add contravenes my Utopian dream of living in Australia as it was planned by our well hidden founding fathers: "No States will ever have the right to regulate, restrict or obstruct our rights of free travel, ever."
Brayden

For the record we are still solely using Y series plates in the ACT, but I'll take your word on the number of registrations because quite frankly I couldn't be bothered to do the math! It is quite likely that there are more registered vehicles than people though. I'm sure there are many people like myself who have more than one registered vehicle. Don't forget fleet vehicles, work vehicles, Government vehicles... the list goes on.

With regard to road cost, the most recent freeway built in the ACT cost $22 million per kilometre, (and it is nowhere near as good as the Eastlink in Melbourne) with the cost covered by the ACT taxpayer.

Out of interest the Federal Government collects about $10 billion a year from petrol exice, $2b from FBT, $4b from GST. States took $4b in vehicle registration, and a further $2b from stamp duty. So that's $22b per year. When you consider that the Pacific Highway upgrades alone cost $200 million per year it doesn't take much to work out that money doesn't go far.
Karu wrote: But here in Victoria our new roads are built with private money and we have to pay Tolls, which I might add contravenes my Utopian dream of living in Australia as it was planned by our well hidden founding fathers: "No States will ever have the right to regulate, restrict or obstruct our rights of free travel, ever."
Nobody is regulating, restricting or obstructing your travel - like with most things in life someone just worked out they could charge you to make that travel easier or more efficient.
Karu

Section 51 – 4, 12 and 13 state that the Federal Government can create money with the stroke of a pen. They can give themselves, the Parliament, you a citizen or whoever they wish an interest free loan. They can use it to create or maintain infrastructure and that is how they built the Sydney to Perth railway back in early 20th century.

So, they do not need our taxes to build roads.
Brayden

I'm no financial expert, but the Government writing themselves cheques sounds like the equivalent of printing more money, which drives our economy down. If it is a "loan" then it eventually has to be paid back... through taxes. This is how the Sydney Harbour Bridge was paid for.

The majority of taxpayers demand larger, wider, safer roads. This is what the Government gives us, and charge accordingly for.
me217

yeah cars go broom. but really this has gone way off topic. and if your in qld 6 months will cost you $325.65 and 12 months $619.15 (i got my rego bill rght in front of me lol) but if your getting it rego'd itll cost a little more cause you gotta buy the plates. also 3 cylinder is cheaper then 4 but only by about 40 bucks.
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
Billie

I got plates from our old car, that we gave to tafe. I want to use them coz i can member them. Will i be able to go in there and say can i use these.