(ACT) Summernats 23 - January 2011 (and cruise?)

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Brayden

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that I've entered the snot rocket for Summernats. If anyone else is interested in attending (or entering) then use this space to let everyone know!

If there is enough interest I might have to organize a bit of a cruise! :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ceej

Need pit crew?

I dunno what my schedule will be, but if I'm free happy to lend a hand.
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

Don't really have any need for a pit crew... but maybe I should print some shirts so we can all stand around and look important? :D

I've only entered to go in the driving events, and hopefully the supercruise... I just need to find some gangas willing to get em out and get em angry! :lol:
ceej

I wasn't so much intending to spin any spanners, aiming more at looking cool, and making the rocket look cool in turn...

it's what I do. :wink:

Gangas hey? I'm sure we could russel a few of them up at the Nats.
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

Sweet, I'll work on the shirts then. :D
bomber

I've entered for 2011.
$120 for the driving events and you can stick your car on the dyno as part of the entry to see what it'll pull. Some motorkhana/rally events can cost that and you're not getting a weekend entry to an event. For that price why wouldn't you enter?
Brayden

You also need to consider the quality of your car before entering, and whether or not it will pass scrutineering. My undercarriage will get knocked back for sure, so I need to work on that between now and Christmas. :)
bomber

Don't need to worry about undercarriage, unless you are entering the 'elite' class.
That is excluding the requirement for a tailshaft loop if you plan on entering the go-to-whoa.
I only entered 'street' class which isn't judged from the sills down and shows evidence of 'real street' driving - stone chips etc. Not a stone chip on anything in elite class.
Brayden

I didn't bother entering any of the show judging categories - bit of a waste of time for something like my ute.
bomber

Well don't worry about your undercarriage then.
If you're just entering for cruising and the driving events without being judged, with the level of modification you have, a neat and tidy vehicle will pass no problems. Only cars with no mods, untidy or unsafe mods or unfinished/messy paint etc don't pass scrutineering.
Will

Well I should be there just spectating though!

I will be sure to say hello if I can find you!
Cappuccino Owner
Brayden

I shouldn't be hard to find. The ute will either be on display in the main arena or tearing through the driving events. :)
Brayden

Just bumping this up to see if anyone else was interested in coming to Canberra for the nats and maybe an MB cruise?
Dave

I may be coming down from QLD for the 'nats and staying with some family friends in Downer. I'll make sure to let everyone know in here and I'll keep an eye out for your MB while I'm there! :D
ceej

I will definitely be in Canberra on leave that weekend so I will definitely be able to rock a team mightyboy shirt. Will be interested in cruising too, might have to put in a week before Christmas and try to get old mate rego'd. Otherwise I will need to scab a seat or sit at the back in the rav.
Garry. Nuff sed!