Albury Gathering - 2011

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Thought I'd bump this thread since I got asked today if we're going ahead with this meet - I can tell you we ARE - so get your accommodation booking in early to avoid disappointment! :lol:

Details in the first posting.

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Brokenshire

I'm in.

And seeing as I'm now living in Nelson Bay, I'm putting in a BIG calling out to Newcastle and Central Coast owners to represent!!!
KEVIN

Accomodation booked - Roll on March 8)
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
Husky

Just checking we need two nights accomodation 25,26 March?
I just rang and they said they had plenty of accomodation at this stage. However no one booked from "mighty boy group" ?
8)
Tez

Yup. That's the general plan, but if you can't make it for the three days, then come for what you can! :)

Cheers
Tez
Husky

Tez and others,
Are you guys camping or staying in a cabin/villa? I dont mind camping but all my camping stuff wont fit in the MB.(usually take the Rav4 and trailer) :lol:
Tez

Last year IIRC there were only two tents - I was in one.
The idea behind using a caravan park was so that if someone was a bit shakey funds-wise, they could still come cheaply, and yet if ppl were not into "camping" they could book a cabin and have a higher level of comfort at a price.
all my camping stuff wont fit in the MB
Sheesh :lol:

My flysheet, tent, lilo, sleeping bag, pillow & light all fit in the cabin behind my seat!

You don't need to "bring all your camping stuff" - think fully catered caravan park = pack light - three man tent etc. :lol:
Tez
Husky

Yeah,Im used to having all the gear. My tent is a 6-8 person even to large for us but the price was right then there the gas cooker,table,large foam roll up matress,floor matts etc.
All makes for a more comfortable camping experience.
Everytime I go camping I think I could do with that.
Next will be a camper trailer if it gets any more serious :lol:
Tez

Well, you could always do what one of the guys did last year - packed all his gear into his rodeo, put his 'Boy on a trailer and towed it to the meet - then drove it all about the place before packing everything up to go home... :D
Tez
Husky

Im booked in and the misses and I are looking forward to a great couple of days :)
mini_kompressor

Twinkee booked the accomodation today, we are there :D :thumbup2:
Tez

Bump!

7 weeks to go peeps...

I've added those forum members who have advised they've booked, into my first post in this thread...

I've got a different route figured out for the main cruise this year just to make it a little different from 2010, but generally we'll keep to the plan we used last time - it seemed to work fairly well. :)
Tez
Brayden

Disappointed I won't be coming this year. Lake Hume would be wonderful at 100% as it is now. Tez if you're looking for one of the best scenic spots in the region, there's a lookout on Kurrajong Gap Road (through Bellbridge).

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-36.11 ... 17&iwloc=A

It doesn't show up on the map, but there's a small gravel carpark there with a view back over the dam wall to Wodonga. I'll try and dig out a pic I've taken from up there.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
CHR15 N

Booked in. Myself +1
holk

Just booked! :D Still not 100% sure if I will be able to make it, but if I am, I will be in the same park, at least.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]