nathans project thread a long time coming....

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
ferdie

todays update, no photos, talked to an engineer (the guy who does the clubmans and gt40's and other general blue plating mods here in qld) he will be writing up the report for the application to build for me and it will be submitted to qld transport as soon as we get the details sorted... he has experience here with ICV's :)

the green light from qld transport will take up to 8 weeks, i will be able to keep building the back half of the chassis (to what the engineer will be happy with) and hope to have the rear built by the time the approval process is done...

Brayden,

does the forum's photo hosting system work?? i cant access the old one and the how 2 refers to image-shack??

cheers

nathan
Brayden

New system is much simpler. When you make a post, look under the text box for the 'upload attachment' section. Simply browse to your pics on your computer and upload.

I'm working on converting the old gallery to the new site, just haven't found the time with Chrissy/new years/prepping for the 'nats. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ferdie

in that case this should work :D
and it does...

will try to convert my images in above posts into this format over the coming weekend,

cheers

nathan
Attachments
IMG_0985.JPG
ferdie

details sorted,

engineer and i have agreed on a motor and box that will meet emissions, agreed on suspension, agreed on build plan....

engineer sees no problems.

paperwork submitted to qld transport for approval to build....

the wait for the approval begins :D

the building continues...

as the vehicle will be an ICV i now need a name for the project, any recommendations??

:twisted:
Billie

Just warning you the engineer can say yep all sweet, its still up to the transport department. Especially with icv's. They can knock it back if they feel the need, hopefully wont be a problem.

Ohh your dad poped by and picked up the doors and guards.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ferdie

yeah man,

thats why ive gone with the engineer that is well versed in this kind of thing....

also he is super $$$$$$$, so im hopeful i will get what i pay for....
rf4burns

Just so you know (maybe you already do :NFI: ) but QLD and all states will soon have the same mod rules got this from Qld transport so if you are starting a project just making you aware that the goal posts may move!.

Note: A National Code of Practice Light Vehicle Construction and Modification will soon replace the Queensland Code of Practice: Light Motor Vehicles. The Department of Transport and Main Roads supports the Australian Motor Vehicle Certification Board in finalising the national code. The department will implement the national code in respective Queensland legislation as soon as possible following final approval.

this was lifted from http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Vehicl ... tions.aspx

Anyway good luck with the paper work and look forward to seeing more as it takes shape :thumbup1:
Get with it ,Get over it ,Get on with it .....OR LEAVE
ferdie

rf4burns, cheers for that, im under the understanding that once i get the approval, they can change the rules after and i will have a substantial amount of time to complete the project under the rules i signed up under....

anyway thats why im going with a very expensive and well recommended engineer to do all the middle work with qld transport....

the engineering alone will cost me near on 4k.... :-o
Billie

Your right ferdie, if your application gets accepted before the rules change you will only have to comply with those, not the new ones. Same goes for when going for your l's, like the amout of hours needed, my sister got hers and only had 60 to do, then they changed them to 100, i got my l's and did 100, got my p's and nearly a year after my sis got her p's, she still only had to do 60, even though it took her nearly 3 years, if she had to renew her l's she would of had to do 100. If that makes sence.

Good luck keep the pics coming

Forgot to mention, you'll need a custom dash since you widened the car by so much :) I'd suggest a swift gti, it may fit. If wanting to try i have one you can have.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ferdie

billie, wont be any need to widen the dash as the cab is staying stock size (unless i chop 2" out of the height)

cheers anyway for the dash offer...

i should be able to mock up the front this weekend when my old man gets up here with the panels. i actually wont know how wide it needs to be till i get the suspension and the motor here, but i can lay it out rough for a basic idea....

i have an old 308, i might mock that up to get a feel for the size...

does anyone have any engine bay photos they can post up?? im specifically interested in the mounting positions of the headlights and the radiator support as well as the grill...
Billie

Is that helpful?
Attachments
Engine bay
Engine bay
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
ferdie

spot on for what i was after, thanks mate!!
ferdie

the front end needs as much work as the rear end...
Attachments
P1030277.JPG
ferdie

have found the brakes/suspension package i will be using. will be in brisbane this weekend to get it if the flooding goes down....

anyway, i found this pic on the web, what does the collective think of the lines as apposed to the mocked up rear end i pictured earlier...
Attachments
P1011301.jpg
ferdie

anyway, today was mostly swinging from a shovel in an attempt to dig a drain so the water will flow away from my build area....

ok so back to the build.

i got in some more grinder time, i cut out the wheel arch some more depending on the final suspension position, but by making more room in the back of the wheel arch the rubber can go further in...

and one of the front... it will sit much further out...