corey's F6A turbo build.

Browse through a range of Suzuki projects (NO tech questions here!)
cozza

hi thought id post up what im doing.
was left with an unfinished mightyboy project when my father in law passed away.
when i got it it was a mess, but after 12 months of pain stakeingly agrivating patiece. ive managed to get it allmost done.
what has been done so far,
have installed a haltech E6X cpu, F6A DOHC turbo from an alto works rsr.
had a fuel take custom made for it has an extra 10 litre fuel capacity holds 45 litres, 2 1/4 inch sports exhaust, headlight conversion, brake upgrade, custom made dobinsons suspension,

I have on the way a set of black and red momo raceing buckets, momo 5-point harnesses, momo raceing steering wheel, 16" BBS rims, harb cover, modified front bumper side skirts and rear bumper from a R33 GTR skyline, also looking into getting either scissor doors or gullwing doors,
I will be haveing it resprayed in a midnight dark green chamelion,or in a midnight purple chamelion.
so far there has been close to 7k spent on parts alone, i saved alot of money installing the cpu and engine myself, have also done all the rewireing myself as well as tuned the cpu, only thing that a shop has done with it was the body kit and the exhaust,
I have rebuilt the engine and turbo, and have upgraded the fuel system with bigger injectors and injector rail, have also had a custom intake manifold made up with a bigger throttle body, and relocated the intercooler to sit behind the front bumper with twin thermo fans.
hopefully i will have the car complete by christmas this year and will be able to put some videos up on youtube for everybody to see my handy work.
Brayden

Would be great to see some pics as well!

Any chance you're selling the original F6A inlet manifold and fuel rail?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cozza

no sorry he original fuel rail was damaged during the build squashed it like a pancake, as for the inlet im haveing it as a spare if it doesnt want to work on my frankinsteain f5a, mind you the f5a i have has been converted to a twin cam and dropped the comp ratio down think it's pretty low for big boost,will post up pics as soon as the camera gets charged up.
benny

hey mate what throttle body u running? and who did the inlet manifold?
Psi_Wagon

sounds good so far. im interested to see pics of it with the bumpers etc. im modifying some bumpers from an ae86 for mine atm.

what tyres are you planning to run with the 16" rims?
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
cozza

i will be running 205/40/16 on the rims, have had help from a lad running around town with the same rims on his mb.
bumpers havent arrived as yet so cant bolt them up and see how they look at the moment. the intake was made by a mate of mine he works for a engineering mob and made up a jig to make it look as close to stock as possible. im useing a modified throttle body from a honda civic type R. had to make up ignition leads thanks to the local bike shop i was able to get as close to the original ones as possible. pics will be added soon just have to get a new sd card for it.
Matty

Big hammer and 9 inch grinder to get them mags and tyres to fit????
Need pics I want to see lol :D
One day it will be DONE!!!
cozza

the guards have been pumped out about 1.5 inches so the tyres clear i tried 17's but they would scrub at 3/4 lock but the 16's just clear at full lock. ive had mates bouncing in the back to see if they would hit the guards and it doesnt even when on the bump stops. same with the front it bottms out and doesnt foul on anything.
Psi_Wagon

is your car lowered at all?
cozza

no the car hasnt been lowered, but the rear was lifted 1/2 inch.
also i am in need of a base map for the haltech ecu even if it is a stock map for the alto rsr.
Psi_Wagon

ahh, makes sense now. i like my cars lowww. currently lowered 3"rear, 4" front and got 15x7's. bout to upgrade to 15x8's.

cant you download base maps from the haltech forums? there pretty helpfull on there
cozza

nope haltech seem to e pretty useless they just keep telling me to take it down to the haltech warehouse in sydney so they can look at it, and thats money i dont have. all i need is something that will allow the car to start and run without damageing anything and i can tune it from there. ive done a few haltech installs just getting a base map is the hardest. i did build a 900hp rx3 with a series 7 rx7 engine, mapped it with a standard haltech base map and stuffed with it from there it was a once off thopugh id never do another efi rotor again never give me the old carby fed one anyday.
nelpd96

I have in the past just set the timing to 15 degrees everywhere and for the fuel just work out your injector cc/min, airflow per minute at idle which will be around 60% VE and then use and A/F ratio of 14:1. This should get you into the ball park for fuel.

Cheers
Paul
nelpd96

Just thought that if you want to keep going with estimating the fuel map obviously it will hit 100% VE at 0 psi, 7 psi will get you to 150% VE, 14 psi 200% VE or there abouts. Not ideal but it will get you somewhere to start.
cozza

thanks buddy any other info you can give would be great, i was going to use a base map somebody done for an f6a outta dihatsu charade gti,