Albury Gathering - 2012

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Have you got the F8b in your boy yet
(That was supposed to be a secret! :lol: )

Nope. Still plugging away with the re-rebuilt F5a - Touch wood, running sweet as a nut ATM (Famous last words).
I have the F8b tucked away in the shed, wrapped in oily rags to keep it nice until I get a chance to tidy it up a little. I've now procured an F8B box to go with it, but I still need a new clutch etc. and I have a few bigger fish to fry ATM (Like a $6000 rebuild of a boat-trailer and that's @ mates rates too!), so whilst the F5A is still behaving itself and I'm not thrashing it (any worse than my usual driving style!) It'll hafta wait.

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ToranaGuy

Sorry Tez, didn't realize it was a secret. :oops:

I hope the T5 holds out for you, if you need a clutch & a few other bits, come see me, I can procure parts pretty reasonably priced atm.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Mr Anderson

im in!
1986 mighty boy, CB60 1L turbo, 80kw (107hp) at 12psi (sold)
ToranaGuy

Mr Anderson wrote:im in!
I can't wait to see that weapon of yours in the flesh!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Husky

I went to book in via website. Is this peak season school holidays as there was no vacancy? Any one know of a caravan park near by?
Cheers
Tez

Ok...

I just got off the phone with Kim from Borderland.
Their (BIG4's) computerised booking system crashed recently, and they are still waiting for it all to come back online properly through the BIG4 chain...

She tells me that she is now, getting enquiries for the March, April, May period, so if you haven't booked in yet...

Give her a call! :) ( (02)6024 3906 )

Cheers
Tez
Brayden

Hey Tez, I know you've mapped the cruise route, but I hear a rumour that Jingellic Pub is a bit of alright. Might be worth altering the drive to include it?

Also for anyone heading down from the north, I'm planning on driving down from Canberra via the Alpine Way rather than the Hume. That drive is pure bliss through the twisties from the back of Thredbo to Khancoban. :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Tez

Hi Brayden.

Thanks for the suggestion! :) I google-mapped Jingellic and it's a 2-hour drive from there back to Borderland Caravan Park - I'm thinking that if we were to go there for the DINNER, after chatting etc... as always happens, we mightn't be away until (say) 9:00pm ? - Then a two-hour drive back to the caravan park might be a big ask - especially if any members have partaken of alcohol!

Mind you, it would make a worthy destination for the main cruise lunch. I'd still think drinks would most definitely need to be consumed in serious moderation (which might not appeal to some members - doesn't bother me personally)...

I'll give them a call and see if they have a lunch menu... (unless you know?)

Last year we WALKED up to the Pub on the corner for Dinner on the Friday night (worked well because people could drink if they wanted to!) and did Donga's on the Saturday night, so that worked. Last year the Ettamogah Pub were right in the middle of renovations when we came into town. :x

I don't suppose there's anything stopping us from doing all three, except the cost maybe. I think doing Donga's is popular... and the corner pub is soooo convenient... (Cars are safe back at the park etc.) But stopping for Lunch mid-cruise is very pleasant...
Tez
Brayden

I was figuring Jingellic pub for lunch on Saturday, but didn't realise it was 2 hours away from Albury. :-o Scratch that.

Given that we're doing a lap of the lake anti-clockwise we could come back via Ettamogah, and there's also a decent photo op from Kurrajong Gap Road as an alternative. :)

I don't really mind, just throwing up suggestions based on what I know of the area.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
holk

Been quite lately, but I am still alive (in case you asked :) ). Just booked. Now I need to find the time to get the boy ready...... :crazy:
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
Tez

Hey Holk!
Good to see you're still about! :D
You'd gone sooooo quiet, we were wondering what had happened.
Great to see you're booked in - The SAME park this year I hope? :snigger:
What's happening with Claudio & Georgio? - They coming too? - "Team Italia" :lol:
Tez
pat

I'll be there, but looks like i'll be in my Nissan 180sx at this stage :(
[img]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9296/yupt.jpg[/img]
Tez

No worries Pat. If you're into Mighty Boys (and yr sig :) would suggest you are!) you're welcome - better to turn up in anything than to not turn up at all.
Tez
holk

Hey Tez,

Yes, been flat-chat lately between normal job, starting new business and building a second storey extension. Team Italia will not be attending: they are both busy with their own things and I hardly see them. As far as caravan park, yes, same one.
I haven't had any chance of doing any work on the car for months. Will have to change at least oil and check coolant :lol:

Look forward to it, anyway
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
KEVIN

Good to hear from you Parry, it's been a while. Welcome back :thumbup1:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot