(VIC) Alexandra truck, ute and rod show. Sunday june 12th

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
mini_kompressor

Ok fellow Victorian Mb owners, the annual Alexandra Truck, Ute and Rod show is only a bit over a month away, so time to dust off the Mighty's and get them out there :) Its on Sunday 12th of June, in Alexandra, which is about 2 hours from Ringwood area. Been 3 years in a row now and havent been dissapointed once, even took out best Jap ute last year :thumbup2: So what im reccomending is: A group meets in Ringwood, say Eastland shopping centre carpark, at 6:45 for a 7am depart (i know its early :-o ), Then drive to Beechworth Bakery in Healsville aiming to be there by 7:30. Louise and I will be meeting you there for the run into Alex, hoping to get there by around 8:30 for registration. This also gives time for polishing and cleaning, then let the fun begin. Visit http://www.alexandratruckshow.com.au for more info and prices.
holk

With a wrap like this, it is impossible to say no. I am in (possibly bringing along my wife).
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
mini_kompressor

Good stuff Holk, and Mrs Holk :thumbup2:
KEVIN

MYDBOY will be in, but you probably already knew that. :thumbup2:
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
mini_kompressor

2 weeks to go people, so who's still coming? We may be one boy down
( Yes i broke it again :doh: , Louise reckons one day ill learn to act my age :x but i tried to tell her it wasnt my fault :lol: ) but im still going to try to have it back up and running by the show, as long as the bits i sent off for repair come back this week. Fingers crossed. :thumbup2:
holk

What is the latest I can register on the day or come through the gates(?). If I come with my better half, I need to drop off the kids on the way and to be at Ringwood at 7.30, I would need to leave home with the kids at 6.30 (which is not going to happen).
mini_kompressor

Im not sure what the latest entry time is, maybe check on the website and see if they list some times. I think it might be around 10ish?.
Twinkee

Ok yes if you are coming with the group it may be a slow trip if Ben has not fixed his. :-? mine is fine with one person.... BUT TWO well, what more can I say but sorry now.

I was looking at the web site it says that entries close 10:00am SHARP, Judging commences at 10:30am. that’s why it is an early start

A group meets in Ringwood, say Eastland shopping centre carpark, at 6:45 for a 7am depart (I know its early), Then drive to Beechworth Bakery in Healesville aiming to be there by 7:30. Louise and I will be meeting you there for the run into Alexandra, hoping to get there by around 8:30 for registration.
What more can I say, I own a Red MIGHTY BOY
(2 speed auto 1988)
mini_kompressor

Ah, i just love my luck sometimes :x . Only this morning i got up, the sun was just starting to crest the mountains near home, louise went out to start our only remaining "runnning" boy, and i thought to myself " gee that 2nd hand motor in that thing sounds sweet as a nut in this crisp morning air". As she motored off to work, that 3 cyl purred a glorious tune to the ears, the auto swapping cogs with ease, once again i thought to myself "well, at least Roger the Red Rocket ( as he's known to us) wont let us down for Alex next weekend" . I motored off to work in my MBRU ( Mb replacement unit) a happy man. Come 6:45 tonight i get a call, " the cars overheated going up a hill, and now it wont start, just clicks. Temp was fine then it just skyrocketed. " I arrive to find an upset Louise and a seized Mb. Let it cool, limped it home ( its stuffed anyway), parked it in the backyard, got out a can and said " AH FOR F :censored: K SAKE!!!!!!!!!!. So who knows what we are going to Alex in now, but we are still going. :thumbup2:
Husky

I am sorry for you mate! :(
Its natures way of saying that it needed a bigger more powerful motor in it :thumbup1:
Let the fun begin...
Last edited by Husky on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mini_kompressor

Cheers Max, i think you may be right mate :thumbup1:
Tez

Commiserations Guys!
I thought you had something with two cams tucked away in the shed there for the Red Rocket anyway Ben...? Looks like it's time to get that happening. (Shame about the existing power plant if it is truly dead)

Personally, I've deliberately remained quiet about this cruise - I've still got a "cooling system anomaly" of my own... I've narrowed my options down to a NEW MB radiator to go into the car (shoulda fitted it last Sunday but lamed out)... Trying to get motivated enough to do the deed this weekend out in the cold, on the damp concrete... Last thing to review/change/confirm before I do a major dummy spit. But that's a whole other story.

I'll let you know if I intend to tag along before Wednesday. I'll set myself Wednesday as the deadline to decide if the car is up to the trip or not...

Good luck with Roger
Tez
So the adventure continues...
holk

Hey guys,

I will come up tomorrow for the day with the family; way too early to drop off the kids and be there in time for registration. Tez, no excuses for you mate: Alexandra is your side of town :lol: just "few" turns up the road.
mini_kompressor

Cool Paride, so will you tag along with us or meet us there?
holk

Meet you there at 11 ish.