(Vic) Flinders Cruise - Sunday 20th November

Where and when you can find a show or cruise happening.
Tez

Hi Guys & Gals...
Note! - I've moved the date! :-o
Come late November, the weather should be nicer and I think we could head down the peninsula way...
Starting in Ringwood, travel through Dandenong to Hastings and about 2 hours should see us in Flinders for Lunch at a Cafe. :)
After lunch we'll detour over toward Arthur's Seat for some photos, and DOWN the windey road into Dromana before heading back across to Merricks and then home via Pearcedale, Cranbourne and Fern Tree Gully.
Going on past experience, I'm sure this will pan out to be a day-long activity, so I suggest we make a start at Ringwood at 9:30am on the day and see what time we finally get back!
Bring your cameras - there will be several opportunities for some nice pictures along the way and bring your VHF radios this time... :oops:

Oh... and a full tank of petrol so we don't have to stop. :D
Last edited by Tez on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
KEVIN

Sounds good Tez. We're in. :D
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
courierguy

Yep.count me in Tez..Nice to get some sea air in the lungs. :lol: MANNY
bnsboy

count me out :cry: i will be at the sandown ute and truck show
Arctic Alto

i should be good to go for this one, been toooooo long since my last cruise.
Tez

Hey Arctic!
Good to see ya...

(Hey guys! - Arctic Alto's coming... Music's covered!) :D
Tez
Arctic Alto

(Hey guys! - Arctic Alto's coming... Music's covered!)
:lol:

hopefully my new set-up will be done........
i'll give ya a hint, it will be double from the last pics i posted :D
Tez

Hi Guys

I've been PM'ed and asked if I could move the date either a week forward or a week back from the 27th, so I think a week earlier is the go...

I hope that doesn't screw up other people's plans!

bnsboy - you might also be able to make it now if you've got nothing else on that weekend??? (big drive for you tho')
Tez
Arctic Alto

still good :)
ELOnia

If any one gets any footage put it on the tubes. would be good to see
courierguy

Tez wrote:Hi Guys

I've been PM'ed and asked if I could move the date either a week forward or a week back from the 27th, so I think a week earlier is the go...

I hope that doesn't screw up other people's plans!

bnsboy - you might also be able to make it now if you've got nothing else on that weekend??? (big drive for you tho')
You could catch the ferry across :lol: MANNY
Tez

You could catch the ferry across
Hi Manny...
Ya know, I've looked at organising a cruise where we "lap" the bay - It's do-able in about 4 hours driving time, but there are two factors that have put me off the idea...

People from around the bay would NOT want to come to the starting point, (and then drive home from there) - It would make more sense to "join in" from the closest point to home for everyone, and then meeting up might be a little problematic... also then, the number of members on the cruise would always be changing as people joined and left the cruise at various points around the bay, so there would never be everyone together at one place and some member will have a lonely drive home from somewhere. :x

The other thing that has put me off the idea is that a 1-way trip on the Queenscliff ferry is about $55. :evil: - That's more than a month's fuel for me, and whilst I can afford it, maybe some other forum readers might see it as a significant obstacle - and it's kinda critical to lapping the bay! :wink:

Still... If there seemed some significant interest in doing it, I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly difficult to plan. :roll:
Tez
Psi_Wagon

i might have mine finished painted and re-assembled by then, so im a maybe at this stage!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
Arctic Alto

i might not be able to make this one after all :cry:

I've got a broken gear stick mount, it dropped a few inch's and it now sits on the exhaust pipe. It feels sloppy as hell, i havent driven it for a few weeks now.
Trying to find the right part, suziworld is on the hunt, but no luck yet :fingersx:
Tez

Bump!

Well, the weather is crap right at the moment, but it's supposed to fine up for tomorrow morning, so all is good...

See you at 9:30 tomorrow :)
Tez