5 speed gear box

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
madtwitch

Looking to put a 5 speed gearbox in my 85 mighty boy any suggestions on which box to look for?
cozza

you can get a dawoo matiz box to fit if not and you wanna go awd try and inported box from the alto works 4wd or even look into and 4wad gti swift box.
Billie

F6a fwd. Don't bother with awd. Waste of time and money. Makes the car slower
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

F6A gearbox has more or less the same final drive as an F8B 4 speed, so it won't change the cruising RPM. If you currently have an F5A engine then trying to fit anything other than a 5 speed from an import CA72 Alto will be pointless because the engine won't have the guts to use the taller ratios.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
madtwitch

Hey sorry guys was in a bit of a rush when I posted my question this morning it's got the F8b engine in it and also where would be a good place in Melbourne I need new front and rear suspension :(
cozza

try suziworld i just recently purchased an f8b box from them im in qld there in melb i think but down that way cost me 385 in total to buy the box and have it shipped to my doorstep which i think wasnt too bad. havent had any trouble with them.
ceej

madtwitch wrote:Hey sorry guys was in a bit of a rush when I posted my question this morning it's got the F8b engine in it and also where would be a good place in Melbourne I need new front and rear suspension :(
MightyBoy suspension. Currently the vain of my existence! Rear is easy to come by, many manufacturers make it. Front however... not so easy to come by. I'm even getting turned down for custom made. Daewoo Matiz fronts fit using MB Strut tops so that's probably your best option.
Garry. Nuff sed!