Alto combo switch on MB???

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
ceej

Does anyone know if an Alto Works combination witch will fit on an MB? Im talking about the switch that controlls the indicators, lights, horn and wipers. (sits behind the steering wheel, Has the stalks coming out of it)

Thanks
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brayden

Probably not, and if it did fit then the wiring would be different.

Whats wrong with your combo switch mate?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ceej

My combo switch is shot. The indicator stalk doesnt work, the switch to activate the wiper jets is missing and the horn is'nt working. The switch stuffed up when i was trying to make a tight turn in a parking lot. There was a big cracking noise and then i couldnt indicate. There is a ball bearing that sat behind the copper strip for the horn that shot out and i cant find and the plastic that houses the screw that holds the copper strip down is snapped.

I was supposed to get one this saturday when i go up to get my door, but it turns out it was an alto one, so i was just hopeing that it would be similar so i could atleast build one working switch or just replace the existing one. I might get it anyway and then see what i can do with it.
Garry. Nuff sed!
ceej

To answer my own question...No an alto combo switch wont fit on a MB. (too big) And as Brayden said the wiring is compleatly different, the mb has 19 wires, where the alto has 17.
Garry. Nuff sed!
niiko

isn't a hatch switch similar?
ceej

I dunno, is it?
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brokenshire

Go to www.niceproducts.com.au . I can get these this stuff froma guy that comes to my work. generally very slow on delivery but if you need it the wait can be worth it.
daronk18

if you want i can have a look through work. i work at repco. i will let you know how i go..
ceej

if you want i can have a look through work. i work at repco. i will let you know how i go..

That would be great man. Thanks for the help :bow: :thumbup2:
Garry. Nuff sed!
ceej

Brokenshire wrote:Go to www.niceproducts.com.au . I can get these this stuff froma guy that comes to my work. generally very slow on delivery but if you need it the wait can be worth it.
I tried going to the electrical products page but you need to download it and my computer doesnt like being nice to me :cry: Thanks man.
Garry. Nuff sed!
Brokenshire

Sorry to hear that you can't control your computer. Mine has it own mind sometimes too.
ceej

It just makes up all these mad matrix style codes cause i dont have some program... it would be good if i could read them, or make some form of sence out of them...But i cant.
Garry. Nuff sed!
hatchback of notre dam

its a .pdf file so ill assume you dont have adobe acrobat reader, you can download it here:)

http://www.download.com/3000-2378-10000062.html
ceej

Cheers man, i thought that i already had it installed but i didn't. I downloaded it and now its working. 8)
Garry. Nuff sed!
ceej

They dont have a listing for the Mighty Boy. They only have swift combo switches. :( .Hopefully daronk18 will be able to get back to me with good news.
Garry. Nuff sed!