Need Advice!!!

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
hatch4play

Hey Ppl,
I got a 81 suzuki 800 hatch and i am trying to get new parts for it and finding that there is almost no listings for anything?
I have tried getting nolathane bushes for the whole car but no go, anyone know where i can get better than stock rubbers?
I tried every boss kit in the suzuki small car range from autotecnica and none fit, i am getting a saas one for mighty boy in to try?
And also no listing on wheel bearings?
Had a listing for rear KYB shocks at $75ea(seems a bit steep to me)?
No listing for front shocks? i have heard some ppl say swift struts fit but the ones on a hatch seem very small in diameter?

anyway what i am hoping is if someone has done up a hatch and knows what fits or just someone that knows what might work? I am having difficulty doing up the car properly. I don't want to fit anything dodgy, but i do want the car to handle like it is on rails before i do my engine conversion. e.g mini! at the moment it handles like a frigin tarago or someshit. :)

any help is good help.
jimbo
Brayden

Okay, here we go:

- Nolothane rear bushes are the same as for the leaf Sierra. Try ebay. ;)
- Rear shocks I can't go past Gabriel for price and performance, $80 a pair from SuperCheap for 'red' model.
- Front struts you will either need to have resleeved with new inserts, or use a set from an SA Swift, but there is some buggerising around with the latter. Cost will probably wind up around the same either way. (~$320pr)
- Wheel bearings are easiest to locate if you just take the old ones to a bearing supplier and get them to match. Cheaper that way too!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hatch4play

cheers brayden, i will go grab the stuff on monday, are the rear shocks for the sierra too or do they have a listing for hatch?

jimbo
Brayden

KYB, Koni, Gabriel and Monroe should all have a rear listing for the Hatch. :)
hatch4play

guess what? i just ordered a pair of Gabriel gas ryder rear shocks at super cheap, they said they would be in this arvo (i ordered in morning) well i got a call and the dude said there is none in the country he also checked out kyb and monroe too, aparantly anyway.
the rears were only $60 a pair pitty they can't get any :(
So anyone got any ideas or anyone get any at a store near them?
cheers
jimbo
Brayden

SuperCheap are a bunch of wankers. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me when I ordered a set of rear shocks for my van.

Ordered them before Christmas, told they would be in after new years. I go back on the first week after new years, told that there is still a delay. Try again 3 weeks later, and get told that there are NONE IN THE COUNTRY and I will have to wait three months.
Needless to say I went absolutely ballistic at them for flat out lying to me, and still they refused to return my deposit. Ended up having to spend $140 for a set of Monroe Sensatracs, but I guess the upside was that those showed up the next day.

Losers. I will never order anything through them again.
hatch4play

yeah i can get some at autobarn for 160 a set damn expensive for such a small shocker you can get bloody commodore ones cheaper and there would be twice as much money in parts used in the build. fuckas. nothin is going right for me, i got told by autobarn that my saas boss kit aint comming as there is none in australia arrrgghh. he said it should be ok if i get mine machined? WTF, its gonna cost me a good 400 bucks to get this damn wheel on :( anyway i got me a heater 2 good doors a seatbelt, a set of (non bent) pedels. also i scored today when i seen a tx3 turbo laser wreck sitting ouside the wreckars(they were not working cause public holiday) so i just thought i might help my self:) i came away with a centre console and some GTi sorta style bucket seats i have to make rails for, also i went for a shop at spotlight today and picked up 3 metres of black velour, 4 metres of black loop pile carpet, Some sic hairy black stuff for my door cards, and of course underlay to sponge up the door cards. i also got some JVC 6 1/2" speakers, and a Kenwood head unit. oh yeah i got my gearbox today $50 thanks for coming :) anyway i am spending way too much on this car, but hey i am having fun, and she is going to be one sweet ride one day. stay tuned once i learn how to get pics hosted i will post up pics of the centre console install (note: the centre console meets exact with the bottom of the hatch dash, and in the laser it holds the tape player so a cd player fits in perfect :) ) yeah no hacking of the dash :)

anyway enough of my gibberish

jimbo
Jermaine

:lol: y not help your self
Fynn

best prices I've found around was a set of KYB shocks for around $200 each and $45 each for the rears at Pedders. My car is a 1987 Alto CA91V.