gearbox again

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
emmanuele

Ok, some more gearbox questions.
i have a gearbox with a sticker that says, 7 +- 1 so i take it that its from a 543cc, it has an input shaft with spline only, no spigot bearing journal.
The second box has no sticker but has a spigot journal, what is it off???
confused.
Also, which model has disc brakes standard
thanks
pony-tail

F8b (800cc) hatches have disks standard F5A hatches do not ! I believe all Mightyboys have Disks , and Alto F8B have disks ,some F5A Altos have drums -and some have disks but this could be because the brakes have been upgraded as they have been on wrecks (both my own an wrecking yards).
So 800 = Disk
and 550 = mostly drums.
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden
hatch4play

most likely 500 box, by spigot bearing/journal do you mean the clutch throw out bearing??
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
Brayden

hatch4play wrote:most likely 500 box, by spigot bearing/journal do you mean the clutch throw out bearing??
Spigot bearing is in the flywheel, and the F5A box has a longer input shaft that inserts into this bearing.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hatch4play

confused :roll: i thought that the f5 hatch was 7 degrees timing and the f8b was 10 degrees, i have a 800 box "i think?" that has the 10 degree sticker on it and spline only, both my 800 and 1 of my 500 flywheels have no bearing or bearing recess? i just looked and my box that has 7 degrees on it "which i thought was a 500 box" has a spline only aswell now i am really confused!

jimbo

quick everyone go look at your spare gearboxes so we can shed some light!
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
mowog

I think it depended what mood the assembler was in at the time. there seems to be no ryhme or reason as to whether you got a spigot or not.
I believe drums were standard on the MB, disks were an option, as with the hatches. i have wrecked hatches both with and without disks.
Brayden

No Aussie MB's were ever fitted with drums on the front. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.