new turbo on the way if all goes well.. what else do i need

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
johnyc

Hey everyone, just wondering if a gt15 is suitable upgrade for alto/k6a it has rampod filter bigger dump pipe and exhuast, but I dont want to have to spend money on intercooler or computer because i am goin to have to sell the car soon anyway(getting maraide). will this run ok with my mods?
thanks John.
Brayden

johnyc wrote:Hey everyone, just wondering if a gt15 is suitable upgrade for alto/k6a it has rampod filter bigger dump pipe and exhuast, but I dont want to have to spend money on intercooler or computer because i am goin to have to sell the car soon anyway(getting maraide). will this run ok with my mods?
thanks John.
Too quote myself from earlier in this thread:
Brayden wrote:GT15 is a bit smaller than the standard turbo on a Subaru Liberty, so Dave's right about the lag, that thing will be a bit unpredictable to drive. I can imagine by the time you've upgraded the intercooler etc that you'll have very little power below 3500RPM, but look out when the boost pics up! :-o
In short, no it will not be particularly suitable for a direct replacement. If you had plans to make a high-boost weapon then perhaps. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
hatch4play

i have a garrett gt15-25 on the way as we speak, it was going to costme $1200 for a new core, or $850 for a brand new garrett gt15-25, Mr Turbo says it will be a slight upgrade but not by much, it is slightly smaller than a t2 turbo and slightly bigger than my rhb32. Also here is a caption from the garrett website to clear the size issue.

GT15-25

Garrett GT15 compact turbocharger is designed for today's small displacement engines. Based on the well-know T2 design, The GT15 family is engineered to provide an economic perfomance boost for small displacement diesel and gasoline engines in passenger cars, light duty trucks and marine applications.

The GT15's application range is for 1.3 to 1.6 liter ( 60 - 80 bhp ) diesel engines and 1.0 to 1.4 liter (85 - 120 bhp ) gasiline engines. The compact packaging makes the GT family ideally suited for twin turbo applications on V-block engines. The GT25, at the high end of the range, can be configurated to match gasoline engines ratings up to 210 hp.

so yes for a 660 its probably a bit big but on a f8b its a diff story, i have a charade turbo on my hatch that spools from 1200 rpm and is hitting 6psi by 2200 rpm, and the turbo is designed for a 1ltr engine, so it should be fine for a f8b.
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!