How rare are MightyBoy's?

Chat about anything and everything.
Mommers

I was wondering how rare Mightyboys really are, and if they are classified as a rare car? I've prob only seen two or three other ones driving around.

But are they are rare car? How many were imported?
'86 Suzuki MightyBoy F5A

www.caraudioaustralia.com
Brokenshire

The question's been asked here before. from memory no one knew or could be bothered finding out from the RTA.

If you want to get a tally going.....

I've wrecked one and I drive one.
Brayden

A conservative estimate is around 2-3000 total imported. I would classify them as rare.

Personally I have owned 5, wrecked 3, not including the one Mel just bought that is sitting in my backyard. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
CoinSlot

I've seen 4 or 5 different ones around western Brisbane, not including mine. I'd say they're pretty rare. Makes you feel special that you own one :D
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
Trevor

There always seems to be one for sale but?
bigboy89

I live in Mildura which has the population of about 30k and theres about 6 of them around here!
A pic of a girl on the bonett doesnt mean that my MB is a mighty girl!
Joel

ive seen about 5 or so buzzing round lismore
id never even noticed an alto around till i bought one
ive noticed about 4 of them now
theres always been heaps of the pre 85 hatches getting around tho

-Joel
itsfo

I've only ever seen one on the road.

That black one you got in your backyard Brayden is wicked.
stevan_istheman

Even though you guys said all that, that only comes to about 30 or 40 mentioned so far... :wink:

I'd say if 3000 were imported about half them would be wrecked and sold for parts by now. :cry:
I mean how many mightyboy and hatch parts have you guys got sitting around at your places? I know i got heaps. :D
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Brayden

steven_istheman wrote:I'd say if 3000 were imported about half them would be wrecked and sold for parts by now.
Actually there's a perfectly good explanation for that...

Not many people know this, but the story of the MightyBoy started in the lunchroom of the design and engineering division of Suzuki Japan. The workers were sitting around during their lunch break and came up with a wicked idea to make a utility. Luckily enough for the guys it was the day before their the garbo came, and there was an abundance of used Coke cans in the recyclying bin. So armed with their cans, half a tube of superglue, some wheelbarrow tyres and a old motorbike engine they found in the corner, they created their masterpiece! :D

So it stands to reason that this little wonder of a ute folds like origami when you breathe to hard on the panels. Hense why there are so many wrecks in suburban backyards, or sent to the scrap metal recyclers to complete their life cycle and come back as more canned goods. ;)

I swear thats the real story. 8)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brokenshire

That's Quotable!

Brings a tear to my eye :cry:
hatch4play

i would say that a hatch would be getting rare these days everytime they come up for sale a mighty owner ends up buying and using as a doner car!! me myself i have been guilty i have had my hatch 6 months and have already destroyed 2 more hatches :)
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
pony-tail

My hatch will bite the dust if I find the right MB rolling shell - at the right price
-- Can not use much of it in an Alto --
until then my hatch can live a little longer.
F8Bs are getting very hard to find !
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden
hatch4play

oh well i guess the more they get destroyed the rarer mine becomes, considering its going to be efi turbo its going to be super rare one day :)

jimbo
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
ToranaGuy

Well i think i've seen about 7 or so inc my one around melb at various times. Quite a few ppl know what a mb is, but not many ppl have seen one in a while. I know there is a black one down the werribee / hoppers way, seen it around a couple times. Other than that i only know of my one down here, we have a population way over 30k out this way.

When i come across one that's worth of donating parts i'm going to strip it and hoard the bits, because you just about can't get any parts for it, unless you wanna adapt bits from alto's, swifts & so on to the mb....

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|