seats and steering wheel possible replacement

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
unspecified

hey just wondering if anyone knows if there is any straight replacement seats and steering wheels for a 84 hatch?? i thought maybe out of a swift but yeah not sure... and the stock seats drive me crazy so uncomfortable
Brayden

No seats are a direct replacement, but almost anything can be adapted to fit. Swift/Prelude/CRX/323 seats are the most popular choices.

Steering wheels are a matter of buying the proper boss kit and then any aftermarket steering wheel of your choice. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
pony-tail

Is it hard to find a boss kit ? I have seen ones for Mightyboy but not hatch or alto !
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden
Brayden

Same/same.
fritz

Brayden,
when you say 'adapted to fit' what sort of mods are you speaking about?
Swapping seat rails? Drilling/welding of the seat? :?
Brayden

Generally its just a matter of making an adaptor plate to make the donor seats align with the MB rails. Thats all I did with my old 323 seats back in the day. My race recliners only required drilling two holes and welding two nuts in on the seat base.
Jermaine

will any sports seats fit?
CoinSlot

Width would be the only factor yeah? Ferdie's old buckets were pretty cool, the big sides meant you had to squeeze your leg between the seat and steering wheel :D
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
Brayden

Exactly, base width is the main issue. Also the wings on the seat back can be a problem if you go for full racing seats. Mine almost touch the windows. :lol:
Jermaine

shit..

do you think these will fit? down near the bottom of the page
http://www.repcoshop.com.au/ASP/Catalogue/CatPage10.asp
hatch4play

yeah i bought some tx3 laser seats for mine they were sick but did not fit cause they were touching each other and the doors and you could not get to the handbrake easily! so i scrapped them. so yeah width is a big issue. some 85 turbo charade seats would fit great!, even 89 gti seats are pretty narrow!
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
stevan_istheman

Those racing seats go close... i've measured them up before.
From memory the maximum you can go is about 530mm?? :?
i'm not sure, if my mightyboy was here i'd measure it.
In mine we got some old sigma or magna seats...
they only just fit because they're really wide but we got em' for $50 at the wreckers so it's all good. :D
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
pony-tail

Mitsubishi Colt seats can be fitted to an Alto (by using the Suzy rails) but you have to make a bracket for the hinge as it mounts to the outer rail the width is ok and when the rails bolt up they line up with the mounting holes in the alto floor .And they are cheap (they do not flip foreward though)
They are comfortable and practical but not very sporty !
Only of any use if you can weld or have a tame welder .
I used RD buckets but others should be OK.
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden