WTB-VIC - F8B 4spd or std f5a crank, rod & flywheel URGE

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
ToranaGuy

Hey guys,

I can't get bearings for my conrods, it's a import engine. Anyway, that means i've gotta do something about the situation.

So i'm either after a std f5a crank, rods & flywheel, the conrod bearings must be the std size, 38.98mm ish...

OR

I'm after a good running f8b & 4spd box to transplant into my mb. I believe i would also req the speedo cable. Anyone know of a hatch even that i could grab & wreck?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
fleebag

if your bearings are the small jurnal size of 32 mm ish (im not at home to measure at moment) ring derick on 0732051020 as he carrys them in std and under size.
ToranaGuy

fleebag wrote:if your bearings are the small jurnal size of 32 mm ish (im not at home to measure at moment) ring derick on 0732051020 as he carrys them in std and under size.
I rang a lot of places, even a couple in qld that said they couldn't supply bearings for my conrods, where does derick work? I'll give him a buzz anyway, if i can get the bearings i'll probably grab a set and sit them in the shed incase i have good reason to rebuild the f5a.

I pulled the head last night, bores are good, but head could use a reco as well. :-( I don't believe the little f5a is worth all that work.

I was passing the wreckers today, so i dropped in, they have a running but slightly smokey f8b 90% complete, i can't have the starter ( it's auto anyway ) and the alternator, but i don't need that either, so i picked it up for $350.

I had dreams / semi plans of either a turbo f8b or a larger engine & 5spd in my boy, so it looks like i'll end up with a f8b. At least it's an easy fit, besides the turbo gear!

Cheers

ToranaGuy
mowog

The F8 and F5 are the same bearing also there is at least one 4 cylinder suzi that runs the same size bearings I have not had any problem getting them in WA, I have a couple of spare sets.
Go to your spares shop and have a look at the ACL or Mogul catalogue or whatever they have.
part number 3b8341 is Repco and most other brand part numbers. there will be a std or .40 etc after the number this indicates size.
also they are all import engines.
stevan_istheman

I know the F8B runs the same bottom end bushes/bearings as the F8A four cylinder.
When we bought the rebuild kit we thought it was a mistake, so we gave them a ring and they told us we've now got a spare... they're the same.

Just thought i'd add that incase it helps. :wink:

Edit:
I just went and grabbed the box of spares from rebuiling my F8B.
Turns out the F8B, F8A and F10A all have the same bottom end bearings. (38mm witch is no help to you because yours are like 32mm)
Bugger. :x
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
mowog

OK you need Federal Mogul part no BE 31095RA.
This is a National Parts number but they do not have any in stock in Australia according to their computer.
I got the number out of the National Parts parts book, it states they are 32mm (or near enough). Suzukisgop here helped.
you may be able to source some from overseas suppliers, or other parts companies. try Repco p/n without the BE.
Otherwise start ringing around.
Brayden

Also try bearing shops like CBC. You'll be surprised what they can supply.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:Also try bearing shops like CBC. You'll be surprised what they can supply.
I tried every bearing shop from geelong to richmond & inbetween. Rang most & even went to some betweeb werribee & richmond with sample bearings & they couldn't supply them.

I've not had time to call the guy regarding the bearings.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
ToranaGuy

mowog wrote:also they are all import engines.
What i meant is that the f5a in my mighty boy isn't an australian delivery, its come into this country as either a loose engine or front cut second hand ex japan. Suziworks adv that is more than likly the case.

I have the part numbers off the bearings on my f8b, mains are 12341-78400 -std & rods are 12181-78400-std, so atleast i can order those easily lol! The mains look servicable, but 2 of the con rod bearings are extreamly pitted, but there is no damage to the crank, thank god! Odo was showing 111,500 ish in the 88 alto organ donor. :lol: Atleast these bearings have numbers on them, the f5a bearings have just 3f 10A & 3f 6D, damn useless!

I'm going to order those bearings tommorow, also gotta get a spigot bearing, going to CBC for that one, as suzuki want like $24 or so for it, should be way cheaper from CBC if i take them the bearing as a sample. It's just a fairly std roller bearing as some of you would know.

I'm still wanting a 4spd to suit a f8b if anyone in VIC has one they will part with for a reasonable amount of $$$. Either gwo or rebuilder depending on what's broken in it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Trevor

Spiggot brg number NTN6000LU
ToranaGuy

Trevor wrote:Spiggot brg number NTN6000LU
Thanks for that, it's greatly appreciated. I'll add that to my spreadsheet of Mb part numbers. It makes ordering items so much easier when you can rattle off part numbers to the place your ordering from.

When it's a bit more complete & looking better, i may even post it to my webspace & link to it here in the forums if the admins don't mind.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Trevor

That's my plan too, so here are some more
Rear Main Oil seal Htc 60 80 8 (these being the size in mm) 3320 3
G/Box input seal 20 35 7 TC12436 2 4854 KOK
or NOK AE1012L
Harmonic balancer or front crank seal BH1941E NOK

Wouldn't mind a copy of your's if you get a chance
ToranaGuy

Trevor wrote:That's my plan too, so here are some more
Rear Main Oil seal Htc 60 80 8 (these being the size in mm) 3320 3
G/Box input seal 20 35 7 TC12436 2 4854 KOK
or NOK AE1012L
Harmonic balancer or front crank seal BH1941E NOK

Wouldn't mind a copy of your's if you get a chance
Only one there i don't have is the gearbox input seal, from that list of yours. I'm also including things like brands, genuine part numbers if i can get them, and info on naming conventions for bearings, not to mention little things like F5A bearings are same as F8B unless you have the smaller conrods and so on.

The front crank seal, is that part of the timing seal pair you get, 2 little rubber seals that seal the crank & cam before you put the timing cover on?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Trevor

Yes . just the crank seal not the cam I didn't need that one
mowog

Just typed the number into search got 2 aussie suppliers gimmee car part and some other guy, do search on their site they show the parts but ask you to contact them for supply.