Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
kidwithahatch

hey im josh im 16 live in wardell near ballina nsw. I have owned a 81 F8B hatch for about 6 months. I love the little car, especially the cheap petrol. All my mates cruising around in skylines and V8's, suckers, anyway just thought id say hi.
Cheers...Josh
fritz

Good to see we've got a replacement Josh now...
:D :D :D
tom210

hey im tom, from launceston in tassie,
been looking for a mightyboy for a while now.. so i thought id sign up and see what was around..
jono

hey, there's a red one up the north west coast for sale. my dad told me about it...

good to see the tassie numbers slowly increasing :)
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
tom210

can your dad tell me about this one lol
cheers
dafunkist

hi i'm matt

i have an orange f8b hatch, its got a custom turbo setup using a toyota starlet turbo, carby from a charade, an intercooler from an xr6 turbo and currently a plumback bov from a r33 skyline thats venting to air for a pathetic little noise haha! Its a good laugh thats for sure, goes well. Its currently running the 500cc gearbox so i've gotta change it over for the f8b gearbox to get a bit better cruising speed as at the moment it doesn't like going over 90kmh for very long due to fueling problems, anyone that could lend any ideas in rectifying the problem would be appreciated. Its running two pumps, one of them i'm not sure of and a vl fuel pump and there's a couple of regulators, one is at the rear and the other is under the bonnet, i was thinking a good dino tune would fix it up but i'm not sure where to go in adelaide....

I was shown the site by my mate that put the orange beast together, there's some nice rides on here
ceej

Welcome aboard Matt. 8)

Would be nice to see some pics of your turbo setup, possibly ones of the build if you have any. Why dont you setup an album for yourself in the gallery ~>REGISTER<~
:wink:
Garry. Nuff sed!
dafunkist

dafunkist

there's some pic's, sorry don't have any of the build :D
ceej

Cheers dude, looking sweet! Good work :thumbup1:

But yeah, setup a TAMON album in the gallery 8)
Garry. Nuff sed!
ElecDude

Hey all Paul from bendigo here I've only ever owned V8's im an Auto Electrician speciallising in engine conversions and fabrication, I Just found this site few hours ago after searching the net for a MB I just gotta have one or two, i gotta few ideas something tells me im going to have fun on this venture...
Yes Auto Elec if ya need any help - PM or email - will try to help with whatever i can...
MEDICAL ADVICE -
Take 2 nurses and go straight to bed, if problem persists take 2 every hour as long as required.
sandi

hey, my name is sandi, am older than 40, have two kids, a couple of cats, two dogs, and now, a mighty boy, 87 variety. bought on ebay and shipped from tamworth to twonsville. amazingly great condition so far as we can see, thankfully.
supercow is drawn from cow and chicken fame. she is just gorgeous. my daughter suggested the name and in a moment of wet, really wet (cyclone coming) madness i went there. although, when inspired, i guess... :twisted:
Anyhow mighty, or nawdy boy. as my 3 year old calls her, was bought for me by the other half to try and take the light off the 671(or 871 now) for his 360.
would love to race her one day, but up here, in the boonies, info and resources are thin on the ground, so that day may not be for a while yet.
anyhow, while the other half is guilting, if anyone has any ideas about pretties that can be got or done (did i mention he was a boilermaker, ), please feel free to throw them across. i would like her to look tougher in the front, well, sides and back too i guess, and want to find her some sexy shoes.
Would a boilie with a guilty conscience and a fair bit of nouse with this stuff be able to sort me some 15's do you think? and what else? :-)
he wants to know what the biggest blown motor is sensibly capable of doing the mighty.
well, thats it for now, other than, thanks for the time you have put into both gathering info and providing it. brilliant resource.
have a great weekend and feel free to toss any ideas my way while he is soft, need to milk it for all its worth, the op doesnt happen all that often. :wink:
Only new to this, but feels good so far...
Brokenshire

Anyhow mighty, or nawdy boy. as my 3 year old calls her
My 2 year old son also calls it "naughty boy", its cute until he gets in trouble and we say 'you've been a naughty boy', sets off like lightening mcqueen and it starts again.

(Sorry guys it's a parent thing. from the movie CARS)
highside

Hi,

My name's Kiri and I'm in Alex Hills in Brissie. I bought my mighty boy June 2006 and have spent as much time as I am able on it since then. The problem is there just aren't enough hours in the day.

I'm modifying it/painting it etc. I can't wait to see the finished project...absolutely hanging out...but having never done anything like this before in my life and doing it pretty much unassisted, what started out as something I was going to finish in about 6 weeks has turned into a mammoth undertaking. I have stripped it back to bare metal and am halfway through plating, bogging and sanding the rear end as I'm changing the tail lights and putting in after market round leds. I was almost finished but hubby decided to knock the boat motor over and practically demolished the left one which put paid to the loooong hours I put in getting them looking awesome. Sigh. I'm just glad I hadn't put the light in 'to see how it'll look'. I've almost finished reupholstering the interior panels (including the roof lining) in grey suede with the press stud effect like the trucks have. I even managed to pick up 4 nice 16" alloy mags with the multi stud fitting for $50! What a bargain! I'm going to sandblast them and get them polished before I clearcoat them and put some nice wide low profile rubber on her. Man, I never thought I would get this excited about a tiny little car! lol But I have got a loooong way to go before she's finished! Can't wait! When she's finished I will post some before and after pics.

Hope to hang out here and eventually go cruising with other mighty boy lovers,

Cheers,

Kiri
Brayden

Welcome to the site, and best of luck with your project though. Just a tip on the wheels... I don't think you have any hope of getting 16" wheels on there and still be able to drive it, but let us know how it works out!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.