Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
highside

Hi Brayden,

Thanks for the headsup on the wheels but I'll see how I go and work from there. I can always change them :)
Brayden

That's cool, just thought I'd get in first before you invested a lot of money in something that won't work. ;) Well, not without minitubs and a whole lot of flaring anyway!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Trevor_w00+

HI, Im Trevor, I live in Innisfail, I am 16 years old still at school. I recently bought a Mightboy as my first car; stock except for the new sanyo cd player, A1 condition, hardcore ride...

I am so glad i found this site been reading on it for a couple of months now, and find it extremly interesting.
brianhaley

Hi there fellow mightyboy lovers
We are brian and haley from the Central Coast. We have had a couple of M/boys in the last 4 years, one which we sold on this website which now appears to be red. :wink:
We bought Barry and Lee's turbo boy of them a few years ago but due to personal problem its sat in the garage for some time.
We have resprayed it black with ped pearl(sent brayden pics a while ago) but still have a few Mechanical things to finish like change fuel lines, the fuel pump gets its power from the coil which is getting changed right now, but we are getting there

Anyway look forward to getting to know you guys and learning more about our car
:D
Flinny

Hello all, Flinny from Geelong Vic, picked up our yellow MB that was originally meant for our 12 year old son to drive around feeding horses, picking up fire wood etc. Dont know if he'll get it now-I like it-might do it up for him now.
Car had been sitting for 12 mths, jump started it and away we went got home up the drive way, it stalled and now is dead,(no lights, horn, nothing) today I got plugs, leads, battery, oil, filters(air, oil, fuel)etc, etc..have got power back now but still will not start, having trouble getting hold of points. starter motor seems to be struggling.If i can navigate my way around this site I will be asking lots of questions by the looks of it, I was so happy to find such an interesting & helpful site-keep up the good work. By for now.
scott7

gday scott here
I hail from the central coast of NSW
I think I have one of the last Mighty boys built. It has a compliance plate with Feb 88
My mighty boy has had a very lucky, happy life as it was bought BRAND new by my dad and was with him till he passed on in may 2004, since march 2004 it has been mine and has had a bit of TLC, respray in factory red, mags and got a birthday present feb2007 A F8B.
It has taught several people to drive a manual and still being used as my car to get to and from work. It has always been known in the family as the MACK MEATY BITE nicknamed by a truckie friend.
MACK MEATY BITE
et.turbo.dude

hello all. my name is Ashley Shearer. i live in Wangaratta, Victoria. i don't actually own a Suzuki but am thinking about buying a Mighty Boy so am here to do some research and suss things out a bit.
i own 2 Nissan ET Turbo Pulsar's, 1 standard for now and the other fairly modded! my main reason for owning them is because they are a fun little car to drive! which brings me here, i have heard Mighty Boy's are a fun little ute. a work mate drives one and helped spark the interest.

cheers, Ash :twisted:
Who am i? i have 16 cylinders, 4 Turbo's, 4 wheel drive and my name starts with B. i am?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399117
Alto Guy

Hey, my name is James Abbott and I'm from SA, i used to deliver pizza's with a guy who drove a 800cc Suzuki hatch who was constantly talking them up, so i got myself a mint condition 81 550cc hatch for $600 and sadly i killed it :roll: i currently have a 83 550 and a Alto RS/R, awesome little cars :D
yappa

Hey Im Adam and im from portland victoria, i bought my first mighty boy about 6 months ago of another one of your members and am still in the process of restoration, also a first for me.
I Came across this site searching for support on related issues with modification and restoration. :oops:
ceej

G'day Adam, nice of you to join us. Most info you should need for now will be in the Technical FAQ, under MightyBoy. However, if you have anything that isn't in there, feel free to ask up.

I assume that you bought the yellow boy of the forum user daronk18?
Garry. Nuff sed!
shavenyak

Hi all,

I've been lurking around this board for a while now, posting the odd question here and there. Realised I hadn't posted an introduction yet!
My names's Oskar, I'm 26 and live in Auckland, NZ. I've owned my SS80 hatch for about 2 years now, actually got it given to me by a friend, who had been told it wouldn't pass any more warrant of fitness checks due to the rust in the front pillar.. Well, a bit of dodgey bogging and a little paint will do wonders, and it's been going strong ever since.
I check into the TAMON forums at least once a day for any new info - I find it really interesting reading about eveyone's projects, and it's been a great source of info about the little car. As you probably know, the MightyBoy was never imported into NZ, but I beleive there's a handful of them kicking about the country. One came up for sale a while back on trademe (NZ's ebay) which ended up selling for about $5000 NZ. Would have loved to get it, but wasn't really financially able at the time (I'm still not). In any case, I use the hatch for transporting my drumkit to and from practice twice a week, so a ute wouldn't really be practical anyway.
I haven't really made too many alterations to the car since I got it, apart from a bit of rust work and other odd jobs. I've just dummy-fitted a pair of rectangular hella foglights, which I must say look pretty badass. At the moment I'm building an electronic ignition system (Universal High Energy Ignition from Jaycar). I've hit a snag though, and the buggery thing isn't working - so I'll have to do some troubleshooting on that soon. I've also got a Weber 30DGS that I'm getting ready to install - it's gonna involve a bit of work to adapt, but my brother is a mechanical engineer and has access to a fair bit of machinery at work.
My girlfriend just got her first car, a '92 pulsar hatch, which means I'm a bit more free to work on zukie and not have to worry about needing it for shopping trips etc!

That's all from me for now, thanks for your time, and thanks Brayden and everyone else for making this an awesome site.
So yeah.. SUZUKI FOR LIFE!! :P :D

Cheers,
Oskar.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
Brayden

Thanks for the belated intro Oskar, its always good to hear about how people found, use (and abuse) their zooks!

Every time I hear "warrant of fitness" I think of Motorway Patrol, which is in my opinion the funniest show to come out of NZ besides Bro Town!

Comedy aside, it amazes me what you can get away with over there. I mean if you got pulled over in Australia with an unregistered/illegally modified car the Police would make you leave the car on the spot and walk home, plus a fine, plus a court appearance. In NZ they might just get a slap on the wrist and a small fine. Crazy!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
yappa

ceej wrote:I assume that you bought the yellow boy of the forum user daronk18?
I Actually bought my mighty boy of an old member Drew from Portland Victoria, it was red and fairly sad. :(
25KTZ

Hi, my names kyle, im 22, i thought i better do one of these as i joined the other day.. I just sold my smash repair shop around a month ago. I owned it for around 3 years and pretty much soley did custom work, resprays etc.. Ive been an automotive painter for around 5 years.. I have owned my mightyboy for around a year and a half and never had anytime to do any mods to it due to constantly working on other peoples cars :roll: and now i am desperatly trying to get all the mods i want to do to it done, before i move to sydney early january next year.. Ive got alot of plans for the mightyboy and as i said.. time permitting hopefully il get them all done.. :fingersx: mostly getting body work and the custom kit done right now as these are things i can do myself.. then onto interior, stereo, retrimming, engine, etc.. already have the number plates for my boy, 25KTZ (2skitz).. anyhoo, loving the sight, full of great information that will come in handy! thanks kyle.
jagger

hi guys,
i jsut heard about this site through some friends of mine

i have had my mighty boy for bout 3months now..

well glad to find the site im gonnna have a wonda through now chat later

thanks jon