F12 engine please help...

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
PUFF_DOGG

i was wondering if anyone can help me identify what make/model of car my motor is out of, the engine number is F128350, it is in my mighty boy, and needs some serious attention, i purchased it off a mate, whos dad owned it before he passed away last year, i have been told he bought it with this motor in it, but being a car fanatic he was (Warwick Henderson) he probably changed it himself, it is a 3 cylinder, it has a 5 speed behind it, and absolutely flys, need some help badly to identify what the motor is from, so i can get it back on the road, ive taken it into suzuki in Geelong, and they havent the slightest clue as to what it's from, if anyone has any info that may help, please feel free to call 0422742163, e-mail Puffy_5@hotmail.com , or just reply on here. thank you, Jordan Jewell
p.s. Was also wondering if it is possible to put a daihatsu charade motor in a mighty boy without too much trouble. adios.
revenge is sweet,
2 wrongs make a right,
violence solves EVERYTHING.
Colin

post up a pic of it and we might be able to identify it
MORE BEER! :beer:
PUFF_DOGG

with the digital camera i dont have? yeah sure no problems, nah sorry, will try find a camera somewhere, and post some pics, good car just lots of things wrong with it, hopefully i hear back from suzuki soon,
adios
Puff Dogg
revenge is sweet,
2 wrongs make a right,
fritz

You can probably rule out rotaries & big block chevs. :twisted:
Brayden

If you could somehow get a pic of the engine bay and send it to admin@tamon.org I nearly guarantee that someone on this forum will be able to tell you exactly what engine it is. 8)

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to hear from Suzuki though. :(
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
PUFF_DOGG

yes i will try get a picture of the motor as soon as possible, not to sure as of when, suzuki says 2.5k for an engine rebuild, but i aint got that kind of cash at the moment, so i asked them to get a quote for a full gasket set and set of rings, prolly lookin at a few hundred, but ahh well, what's the chances of a daihatsu 1000cc gettin put in it? is it worth the effort? and around about how much will this cost??? i can get my hands on a 87 daihatsu turbo for next to nothin, but i was wonderin how many mods i would have to do to the ute, dunno what to do, short of money atm, might be lined up for a half decent paying job, will see what happens, once again if anyone can help my mob and e-mail are on this board. thank you people, greatly appreciated.
adios, Puff Dogg.
revenge is sweet,
2 wrongs make a right,
PUFF_DOGG

ok, got news, still no idea what the motor is, i've had engineers look at all the number and machine shops, and still nothing. i went down to the local engine importers, and they're apparently bringing over an f6a turbo from an alto, they said this should bolt straight in. is this the case??? or will i have to modify anything? ill keep hold of the old engine (the f12) and see if i can find out what its from. im gettin the whold front end of the alto so should be good. still no pics of the motor as of yet, but soon.
adios, Puff Dogg
revenge is sweet,
2 wrongs make a right,
truder44

PUFF_DOGG

This thread is about fitting F6A in mightyboys
http://klass.tamon.org/viewtopic.php?t=243

It obviously doesn't "bolt straight in" like you were told.
gazuga

mate im in geelong, with camera if you want me to take some pics for yours and our benefit
0429 812508 here till mid tuesday
PUFF_DOGG

thanx for the offer but all good, went and invested in a new phone nokia 7610, picture quality is pretty spot on. should have pics up here in no time. btw, im not just gettin the motor form an alto, im gettin the whole front end. like from the fire wall forwards. will that help at all??? anyways, off to bed for me.
adios. Puff Dogg.
revenge is sweet,
2 wrongs make a right,
Josh

Yes, having a complete front-cut over the engine alone will be immensley helpful. The sub-frame from your front-cut can be grafted into a MightyBoy, and you'll have all the electrical wiring and ECU sitting there ready to install in the ute.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
PUFF_DOGG

ok, im acctually awake b4 3 pm, and im bored, ima go home and take pics of the engine thats in the mighty boy atm (f12) and then try and work out how to put em on here. well, looks like my day is set.
adios, Puff Dogg.
revenge is sweet,
2 wrongs make a right,
Brayden

if you email them to admin@tamon.org I can post them up here. 8)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
PUFF_DOGG

soz havent been on here much, got some pics, got a pic of under the exhaust manifold, it says 993 cubic inch, so yeah, spoke to old owner, he said its from a import sierra. so fark. all good. anyways, still not sure even the old owner dont know, so will get pics up here soon, till then,
adios, Puff Dogg.
revenge is sweet,
2 wrongs make a right,
fritz

993 cubic inch :!: :!: :!:
:-o :D