offering stero help

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
ferdie

hey all just putting out the offer for any one who wants help building custom car audio systems in thier rides.

i have worked for a couple of custom car audio places and have a wealth of hands on experience doing full custom car audio installs. have been envolved in building more than 6 cars that have been at autosalon in brisbane and sydney, and have built cars that have won spl comps in queendland such as jamboree and personally placed at salon the 2 years i have entered...

custom fiberglass work,
ported sub boxes,
lights,
perspex plastic,
mirrors,
bling bling..... all can easily be done

will be building a sound quality system in my MB soon and will post pictures when done so u can all c the work that can come from the back yard with only basic tools...
have currently got the whole system sitting in my room in boxes waiting the time 4 installation; setup which includes

-alpine headunit and stacker
-hertz air mille front 3way splits with upgraded crossfire bmf mid bass driver
-audison lrx 150.2 amp for fronts
-herts high energy rear fill(not sure if i will install these, might not be needed...)
-hertz air mille 12"sub
-audison vrx 500.1 amp for the sub (2000rms)
-cap and spare bat

all will be in custom fiberglass flowing install with the amps behind etched perspex, front 3waysplits in the massive kick pannel locations, doors left untouched....

what u all think?? anyone want a spare set of hands putting together thier next install??

nathan
fritz

Done mine. ;-)

Just a word of advise. - Stay well clear of the panel behind the seats (seatbelts). If you even attach anything to it, it'll rattle like buggery.
Brayden

Nathan thank you very much for your offer, it is very generous.

I've got a couple of ideas for little mounts I wanted made out of fiberglass but didn't have the expertise. Once I've got the ute back on the road I will be in contact. 8)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ferdie

cool man,

if u explain /draw/show me what u want i can have a bash at making fit in my car and send them down (assuming u are in the act)

will hopefully start on my install this week...

how can i post pics up???
Josh

E-mail then to admin@tamon.org and Brayden will post them up.

-OR-

Upload them to your personal web space and post them here using the [img] tags.

:wink:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
taza

what up im good with steroz coz i fitted 3 12 inch subs to my dadz hsv senator
Brayden

taza wrote:what up im good with steroz coz i fitted 3 12 inch subs to my dadz hsv senator
Thats nice, but what can you offer for the MightyBoy community? :roll:
taza

fit steroz 4 people and awesum sound systemz and neonz
Josh

[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
matt

Josh wrote:Image
this is totaly true he was sitin next 2 me when he rote it
Brayden

I think Josh is questioning the ability of someone that says he can "fit awesum sound systemz and neonz".
evilgidget

3 12's in your dads executive V6 with the ripoff HSV kit eh? that's no mean feat. Come back & talk sense when you've fitted 8x 15's into a VW Golf... :king:
under cons-truck-tion

ive alreddy done my stereo...altho i have a fairly crappy setup...its just a 12" clarion in a sealed box, sittin in-between and behind the seats with a peice of MDF (covered in plastic chequer-plate)with my two kenwood 6x9s cut in2 it just behind each seat. i just bought a pair of kicker 6" with tweeters and crossovers and im going to re-do the set up so that theres the sub on the bottom then have a flat vertical pannel with difernt angles on it...reely complicated 2 explain...sorta look like this from the top:
____
___/ \___

...it works in my head lol. sadly im not sure if any of my big plans for my boy are going to happen...ive just started an apprentichsip plumbing(i too am a P plater) and im going to have to quote:"get a real ute" to carry tool and stuff. im considering keeping my boy till she outa rego then leave her on the front lawn for a few years just doing bits here and there untill i can afford to get it completed and re-registered. altho i mayb have to sell my motor bike for that to happen. im pretty cut tho cuz ive just been offered to have the car pannell beaten and resprayed for material cost!!!..ahwell itll work out in the end i guess. oh and i know its the rong place but just a generall question:how much would a full fibreglass cannopy (in vgc) be worthe these days....im not talking about a torne cover..i mean like a full hatch back looking thing. i just want a rough idea.
under cons-truck-tion

uhh that mini diagram thing came out totaly screewed up...never mind it.
Brayden

I paid $250 for a canopy in good condition about 4 years ago, didn't like it and sold it for $300. ;)