??mag wheel nuts

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
eris

Hey guys. I'm having trouble in locating a full set of mag wheel nuts to suit my M/boy. I have a set of Cheviot 12 x 5 mags and got a set of mag nuts made for the m/b from a local tyre place, when I got them the thread was wrong and the shank was about 1 - 2 ml to small. the guy said these where to spec :x , NOT. mmmm can anybody help where I can purchase some or has anybody had some made. thank you.. cris
do red Mighty Boys go faster down hill???
Brayden

I have a set to suit. They are a bit tatty but did come off a set of cheviot mags fitted to an MB.

I'll double check the condition and get you a price if you are interested. Even if you're not I'll measure them so you can get a new set made.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
eris

Thank you for the offer Brayden. that would be great :) even if they are a bit tatty I can get them cleaned up. work out a price with postage, I live in the Blue Mountains NSW, get back to me when you can. thanks again. cris
ike849

I bought mine from Keith 4 Wheels for $25 (maybe $30 from memory) new. m10 x1.25 or was it m10x1.5...damn i think i'm getting to old :(

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlineSol ... n&z=100004
greenzook89

Keith for wheels phone number (07) 3841 6244

had a invoice sitting next to me :P
Need Paint and Panel Work Done Around Brisbane?? PM me!
eris

Thanks guys feels like I'm getting somewhere now. I'll wait to see if Brayden has a set if not I'll give them a call. the ones I ordered in was m10x1.25 but the thread was all wrong and the outside dia of the shank was smaller, so maybe the m10x1.5 are the ones to go. maybe, cris
ToranaGuy

I got my wheel nuts from Repco, to suit my mags. I don't remember the size but i think i know where the receipt is, so maybe i can grab the repco part # & you can see if they will do the job for you?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Ready4

Nice Product put out a catalogue with specs on most cars. M10X1.5 is liste for mighty boy. i am currently doing a stud and nut conversion to M12X1.5 same as commo n stuff, really easy to get nuts 4, will keep you posted and give you the part number if it all works out. Cheers Shar
The Bigger The Boost The Bigger The BANG
ToranaGuy

Ready4 wrote:Nice Product put out a catalogue with specs on most cars. M10X1.5 is liste for mighty boy. i am currently doing a stud and nut conversion to M12X1.5 same as commo n stuff, really easy to get nuts 4, will keep you posted and give you the part number if it all works out. Cheers Shar
For the front, couldn't you just run the swift front disc's? I thought they had the larger studs?

The rear would be a bit of work but probably worth it in the long run.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
ike849

if you use the swift front discs, you will need wheels bigger than 12inch to clear the calipers.

i'm also looking at the rear not for performance, just to get rid of the NON-self adjusting drums (even if i replace them with drum brakes that were self adjusting i will be happy!!!)

if you just wanted to go to 12mm on the rear i'm sure you can just tap/knock out the 10mm studs drill bigger hole and put in 12mm ones....
ToranaGuy

ike849 wrote:if you use the swift front discs, you will need wheels bigger than 12inch to clear the calipers.

i'm also looking at the rear not for performance, just to get rid of the NON-self adjusting drums (even if i replace them with drum brakes that were self adjusting i will be happy!!!)

if you just wanted to go to 12mm on the rear i'm sure you can just tap/knock out the 10mm studs drill bigger hole and put in 12mm ones....
I thought the early swift was a 12" rim as well? Just the swift had 12mm studs & the 'boy was 10mm? Am i wrong?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

SA310 (1L) Swift had 10mm studs and small brakes with 12" wheels. SA413 (GTi) had 12mm studs and larger brakes, with 13" wheels for clearance.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:SA310 (1L) Swift had 10mm studs and small brakes with 12" wheels. SA413 (GTi) had 12mm studs and larger brakes, with 13" wheels for clearance.
Fair enough. I've got a set of 13's on my boy atm, from a swift. Hrmmmm.

Cheers

ToranaGuy